BGS 9 Illustrator 274k

There is a bgs 9 illustrator up for auction

https://goldin.co/item/1998-pokemon-japanese-corocoro-promo-rare-holofoil-illustrator-pikachu7ptcg?queryId=eyJxdWVyeUlkIjoiNjA4NjhmY2I5YmQwODMxNmRiZmZkNzNkMWU3NGFiNjEiLCJjYXJkSW5kZXgiOjB9

1 Like

Finished at 274k. Another rough close vs the peak prices in 21/22. I hope the sales slowdown from here, there were A LOT auctioned this year. let it breathe

4 Likes

Yeah it was kinda crazy to see so many go up for auction.

I just needed to say… I f*cking hate Goldin’s platform. It is the slowest, clunkiest auction website to date.

3 Likes

The faded 7.5 copy sold for more than this BGS 9 & barely over a month apart. With another one ending in 2 weeks on the same site.

There’s still a good amount available via bin too atm. Wonder if they’re going to lower their prices :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve never seen this many illustrators for sale before! Great time for buyers! :fountain_pen:

3 Likes

I would buy one if I didn’t need food or shelter or retirement. Curse this frail human body of flesh and blood. I crave the strength and certainty of steel.

19 Likes

I read a story a few months ago about a new technology that makes it possible to create real diamonds in a lab, looks like they also find new technology to create Pikachu illustrators in a lab👀

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful copy though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:… a quarter million dollar is still a very high price considering what you can do with this amount :house:. In all cases, a much better price than the one sold in the past years :sob:.