BGS 9 Illustrator 274k

There is a bgs 9 illustrator up for auction

https://goldin.co/item/1998-pokemon-japanese-corocoro-promo-rare-holofoil-illustrator-pikachu7ptcg?queryId=eyJxdWVyeUlkIjoiNjA4NjhmY2I5YmQwODMxNmRiZmZkNzNkMWU3NGFiNjEiLCJjYXJkSW5kZXgiOjB9

1 Like

Finished at 274k. Another rough close vs the peak prices in 21/22. I hope the sales slowdown from here, there were A LOT auctioned this year. let it breathe

5 Likes

Yeah it was kinda crazy to see so many go up for auction.

I just needed to say… I f*cking hate Goldin’s platform. It is the slowest, clunkiest auction website to date.

3 Likes

The faded 7.5 copy sold for more than this BGS 9 & barely over a month apart. With another one ending in 2 weeks on the same site.

There’s still a good amount available via bin too atm. Wonder if they’re going to lower their prices :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve never seen this many illustrators for sale before! Great time for buyers! :fountain_pen:

4 Likes

I would buy one if I didn’t need food or shelter or retirement. Curse this frail human body of flesh and blood. I crave the strength and certainty of steel.

25 Likes

I read a story a few months ago about a new technology that makes it possible to create real diamonds in a lab, looks like they also find new technology to create Pikachu illustrators in a lab👀

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful copy though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:… a quarter million dollar is still a very high price considering what you can do with this amount :house:. In all cases, a much better price than the one sold in the past years :sob:.

1 Like

You wouldnt believe it but 2 new illustrators are being created by the lab, ready to be auctioned.

19 Likes

Pkonno got brrrrr

5 Likes

Those must be cleaner than the 10 copys that are available.

1 Like

Do we have a running counter somewhere :melting_face:

I didn’t look up the cert and check the back but those definitely look like 10 fronts

Why are so many popping up for auction lately?

12 Likes

Owners running for the hills as interest and prices drop

1 Like

Are these new to the market or are they the CGC 9.5s crossed?

they are 10s to me

823 cert has a holo print line near the top, but regardless very clean printer fresh copies!

1 Like