BGS 9 Illustrator 274k

I assume these are cross graded. Would be very surprised if 1 person has 2 mint ungraded illustrators just laying around.

some member of the cabal probably found them in the basement just about 2 days ago while polishing some gold ounces

14 Likes

:eyes:

I think there might be former/current employees from back in the early days of 98 Japanese PokƩmon with some copies

Iā€™d bet almost anything that these are not cross graded

1 Like

Can confirm. Found these in my childhood binder.

3 Likes

Well i find it hard to believe that after all the hype and price increases over the past 20 years someone casually had 2 raw mint illustrators chilling in his house.:sweat_smile:

If Logan would acution of his 10 right now, how much would it get?
I guess a whole lot less than the 5 mil.
Crazy situation that there is an ā€œoversupplyā€ of Illustrators now.
(I mean there are still less then 50 so there never will be an oversupply, but still, you know what I mean!)

2 Likes

Considering itā€™s really a 9, I also agree nowhere near 5m

2 Likes

2.6 is my gues

Iā€™d think less than that even, Iā€™d say under $2 million. Too many copies and sales points in the last few years, and especially with the increased number of ā€œmintā€ copies surfacing, itā€™d be a hard sell to resell the sole 10 for a premium based on label alone. Buyers (outside of Logan Paul) are getting smarter. If you are holding a high grade copy, you should have cashed out a little while ago IMO.

6 Likes

Goes for most of the market Iā€™d say, time to cash out is last year lol

Is there a list somewhere of the sold prices for all the illustrators that have been auctioned as of late? Iā€™d love to see how the price is fluctuating currently.

I imagine if this card was set to auction, there would be an insane advertisement campaign. It might even go higher than 5m if the right people are aware of the auction.

1 Like

Do current employees get in trouble for selling cards? I could see illustrators/other trophies popping up as employees change jobs or retire that stayed with the company since the 90s.

These days I bet the extra copies get destroyed.

I imagine there is a confidentiality agreement between the consigner and the seller, I donā€™t think pokemon can pinpoint exactly who sold but yeah your probably right after other copies today being much more limited

Looking back, doesnā€™t it make more sense to have just bought a bunch of 9s with the 4 mill extra? I know market activity is important so you canā€™t hold every copy but like even if you miss the 10, you still get so much of the high end benefit?

I think that guy just wanted the most expensive PokƩmon card, for the clicks and views

1 Like

Ah, I guess thatā€™s true. Hard to beat any time soon

I have to eat my words. Goldin has appeared to improve their websiteā€™s functioning considerably. Thank goodness.

And to keep this topic on track - Iā€™m curious where this PSA 9 Illustrator is going to end up. Definitely nowhere near $2,000,000.

https://goldin.co/item/1998-pokemon-japanese-promo-illustrator-pikachu-holo-psa-mint-9nmv4s

1 Like