What would be a fair price for this set ?

Just wanted to know what would be a fair price for this set ?
$149,995.00

Pokemon Ancient Mew Meiji 1998 Complete 48 Card Psa Foil Set Upgraded from pics

1 Like

I might have a better set. lol

I think its grossly underrated and very undervalued at 150k.

1 Like

Certainly if I had $150k to spend in this hobby, this would be one of the last things Iā€™d buy

18 Likes

Youre just diverting attention so you can keep it for yourself.

Any helpful answers ? Is that seller here?

I have a simple rule: PokĆ©mon merchandise based on the anime is not cool. Only merchandise based on the video games or the TCG is cool. I am a cool collector who only collects cool things, so I would never collect this. Since I donā€™t like it, that means itā€™s way overvalued. Only things I like are worth it.

6 Likes

YOu know whats cool, Someone in our family has picture cards of her selling on YahooJapan. You know what is more cool than that? She bought these Meiji Boxes for everyone. lol

1 Like

6x PSA-10
7x PSA-9(OC)
28x PSA-9
1x PSA-8.5
6x PSA-8

Based on some recent sold listings, PSA-8s go for 100-150 bucks on average; PSA-9s for 200-300 bucks on average; BGS-9.5 for ~300 bucks. Iā€™ve seen some of the PSA-10s sell in the past for 1-2k for the popular ones, like Mewtwo and Ancient Mew (this was a while ago, though), since these cards are hard to grade due to centering issues.

Adding it all up: 6x125 (PSA-8) + 150 (PSA-8.5) + 28x250 (PSA-9) + 7x300 (PSA-9 OC) + 6x1500 (PSA-10) = 19,000.

This is just taking an average, without looking at how popular individual cards are. The Charizard in PSA-8 could be worth more than some of the others in PSA-10. Still, even if we double this roughly estimated double, or even triple or quadruple for all I care, itā€™s still not worth remotely close to 150kā€¦

Theyā€™re unique and underrated cards; that set might be pretty highly graded as a whole; but itā€™ll be hard to sell. It also got best offer enabled, so the seller probably knows the 150k is too high and is just fishing for the right offer to accept.

Conclusion: since theyā€™re pretty rough to grade and that set is the highest graded set, Iā€™d say ~50k would be a fair price. Still, I doubt anyone would be willing to pay that kind of price, so fair price does not equal ā€˜market priceā€™ in this case. Just my 2c, though.

Greetz,
Quuador

10 Likes

Thank you for your great response and input. I hope someone buys his set and sets some type of price standard.

Youā€™re right, damn, that is cool.

Yeah, I certainly wouldnā€™t want to spend $150k on what literally looks like screenshots from the anime.

Have you seen NFTā€™s ? That is the direction everything is going. Just screen shots selling for big $$$$

1 Like

Step 1) Create a secondary accountStep 2) Buy the set = you fix a ā€œstandardā€ price
Step 3) Sell the set with your primary accountStep 4) As young people like to say, ā€œstonksā€

sounds like the NFT groups.