What was the first of Pokémon game you played?

Curious to hear what everyone’s first Pokémon game was.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Pokemon Yellow.

6 Likes

Yellow! Beat Brock by grinding just my Pikachu because small child brain

10 Likes

Haha, same! :rofl: Took a few tries to realize that Low Kick Mankey, Double Kick Nidoran or Confusion Butterfree was a tad faster.

3 Likes

Pokémon blue. The sounds of that game are just burned into my brain

5 Likes

Red & Blue

Myself and my over-levelled Flash-less Charizard never made it out of Rock Tunnel (to Lavender Town) until after I finished Silver

1 Like

Blue with level 100 Blastoise and rest of the team were level 37 or something like that.

2 Likes

Pokemon blue with a berry game boy color. Loved how the entire game was in a blue tone which contrasted well with the color of the game boy. Kinda sad that the virtual console versions are monochromatic though…

1 Like

nothing original but it’s Pokemon Red!

1 Like

Pokémon Blue Christmas '99.

2 Likes

Looks like we’re all old-timers! Pokemon Blue here too. I don’t remember that much of my childhood, but I do remember grinding hard for that Dragonite while on vacation (before I learned about the duplication hack).

1 Like

That would be pokemon zapphire :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gold.
I learned to read playing that game :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Red → Yellow → Ruby / Emerald → Fire Red → Y → Omega Ruby

Emerald was the best, everything after Fire Red has been poo

4 Likes

Pokemon Blue. Still play it from time to time today and get soaked up in nostalgia.

2 Likes

Emerald was released After fr/lg so your trolling attempt has failed.
Bro you can’t just come here, shit on hg/ss and go away like nothing happened. It hurts.

1 Like

This thread is asking the order I played them, not the order they were released :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re right, I was misleaded, I’m Sorry

1 Like

Started with red. Played up till diamond and pearl. Between me and my brother i think we had every game released until i stopped apart from fire red, ruby and emerald.

1 Like

Yellow for me, i remember calling in panic for a friend when i skipped a new move on venusaur when it leveled up, ended up going back to my last save which was way more back than what was comfortable for a kid my age, my disappointment was overwhelming when the move turned out to be growth, non damaging move, pffft!

2 Likes