8 Likes

Lol, they are both so bad.

6 Likes

And the gigantamax is even worse

2 Likes

You don’t like this?

3 Likes

16 Likes

I’ve been staring at it for like 2 weeks and I still can’t tell where it’s head is or what any of the shapes are

6 Likes

I think it’s one of those cards you appreciate when you hold it, but any scan or photo ruins it.

1 Like

Bruxish and Guzzlord. Terrible looking and terrible names!

5 Likes

It seems everyone hates Pokemon that are inanimate objects lol, I personally love them for the most part. being my favorite.

Least favorite Pokemon of all time:

I just discovered it today and I wish I didn’t.

2 Likes

Name an Ultra Beast that everybody likes, I dare you.

3 Likes

On a somewhat related note to OP, does anyone know of a website that has a list of thumbnails of all pokemon? I’m sure there’s quite a few gen 7 and 8 that I’ve never seen or don’t remember

I won’t be spending a penny on Shining Fates simply because I feel absolutely nothing when I look at Gen 8 Pokémon.

I just wanna know who was eating Froot Loops at TPCi headquarters and thought making Toucan Sam a Pokémon was a good idea. Toucannon is so unbelievably lazy that it is actually frustrating.

Also there are way too many Black/White Pokémon to count that I detest that I don’t want to get my blood pressure up about it.

1 Like

Nope, friend sent me one last week and I have no idea what’s going on

1 Like

People love to hate on gen 5 pokemon but when you consider actual design alongside card playability and in-game / VGC viability, the monkeys are truly the bottom of the barrel.

Garb, Vanilluxe, Klingklang, Conkeldurr, etc. have all at least had a significant presence in the competitive TCG or VGC metagames.

2 Likes

Yeah I like a lot of the Gen 5 Pokemon, many of which were actually parallels of Gen 1 Pokemon (just going from your examples alone, Garbodor/Muk, Klingklang/Magneton, Conkeldurr/Machamp, etc.). When you go down the list of Gen 5 Pokemon, you will find Gen 1 parallels for most of them (typings don’t always match; it’s more about design [e.g. Zebstrika/Rapidash]).

The monkeys were useful VERY early in the game (like, the first gym lol) and then quickly became box fodder.

Oddly enough, Vanilluxe may very well be the best non-legendary Ice-type out there (or at least top five).

1 Like

Originally when they first were announced and didn’t have their alternate forms, I hated Thunderus, Landorus, and Tornadus because they were basically lazily recolored Pokemon. Luckily they fixed that by later adding in Therian forms.

But now?

… I was going to say Bruxish because of how ugly it is as a Pokemon, but then I realized I was more indifferent to it than anything.

No, I vehemently hate the last few iterations of Humanoid Starter Pokemon that have no business being so humanoid. Starting out with Incineroar, then Inteleon, and Cinderace. Rillaboom ONLY gets a pass for being an “Ape” Pokemon, but wish they kept more of an ape shape than their final design. Infernape was leagues better in that regard.

2 Likes

I was so upset with Rillaboom. I started playing Sword completely blind, I hadn’t even seen the vast majority of gen 8 mon at all. I picked Grookey cause the grass monkey was cute, I was thinking it would evolve along the lines of Sceptile/Meganium/Serperior etc. but then for some reason he was a musician? And had a drum? And now my little baby grass monkey was a giant drummer with long hair and a bongo

3 Likes

I think Poipole has the best chance, IMO. That’s not saying much though…

(volcarona and bisharp, no other exceptions. do NOT @ me)

4 Likes

In terms of the Ultra Beasts if you think about what they are in the game, they are essentially “alien” pokemon from another dimension. Thinking about them not as Pokemon but as aliens makes them at least tolerable for me

3 Likes