What Kind of Topps Holos Are These?

www.ebay.ca/itm/90-Card-Lot-1998-Topps-Pokemon-Cards-/164032825840?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

I came across these when they were listed and wanted to buy, but have never seen that holo pattern before, so I don’t know where they’re from or what they’re worth. I thought maybe they were from the Chrome series, but after checking they do not look like any chrome holo variant, and they do not look like the holos from the regular set.

Sorry for bumping, but does no one have info on these?

Tear drop holofoil. Just one of the variants of topps holos. Nothing super special. Can’t remember the color of the logo associated with these off the top of my head.

1 Like

Thanks. Just looked that up and found out there are different holo patterns for each print run.

I don’t collect Topps, but this article is a great resource.

Green, according to the article. :blush:

Here a summary of the Holofoil types:

Rays:

Flames/Teardrops:

Balls / Cross-hears:

Sandpaper:

Squares and Rectangles:

Dents:

And then there are also two smooth variations, Silver and Rainbow:

• Silver are similar as the ones above, but smooth without indentations (unfortunately I don’t have a pic).
  • Rainbow are very brightly colored:

And then later on the Chrome Series were released, with the four holofoil types: Standard, Spectre, Sparkle, and Tekno:

Take a look at the article for more info about Topps.
If I said anything incorrect or a holofoil type is missing @samsamsamsmsms , let me know. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes