The rarest 1st Edition Charizard Holo Topps?

I bought these cards yesterday. Charizard and some cards are from “1st Print UK Edition”.

What is the value of this Charizard? I haven’t found an identical card anywhere.

Charizard: imgur.com/a/5aPw7zf
More: imgur.com/a/FhiFMTB

Thanks for help!

Your gloves freak me out, haha!

1 Like

Why? :grin:

@jawsh98 ,

Nice card! These UK 1st Print foil Zards are definitely harder to find than the 2nd-5th print regular foils. The 1st prints do show up from time to time on eBay, usually in poor condition though. From my experience, they’re usually not priced too differently from the other Charizard Series 1 regular foils. Part of me wants to say they’re undervalued as 1st print boxes are considerably rarer and more expensive than other Series 1 boxes, but Topps is so niche that it’s ignored by the larger market and I have no reason to believe that will change. If it’s any help, I picked up this copy for $250 a handful of months ago:

2 Likes

@pokemondreams,

It helped me a lot. I bought all these cards for $100 i think it was a not bad :grin:

I got one Pikachu Holo too: imgur.com/a/ADynfCy

It should be “Oval shaped Nintendo seal with a black Topps logo” and “This is the first print to have embossed cards.” But my Pika is smooth. It is not from 3rd print? :blush:

Your Pika is from the second print. Here’s an extensive guide to Topps Pokemon that a past e4 member created years ago. It’s very thorough and should be helpful to you:

www.elitefourum.com/t/topps-collecting-guide/13374/1

1 Like

@pokemondreams,

From 2nd print? I see black logo, which is from 3rd print. But holo is not embossed, so its strange :grin:

Ah yes, that’s correct. My mistake - didn’t even bother looking at the back as I assumed from the front it was 2nd print but the black logo begs to differ. 3rd print has the sun-ray foil pattern too, which your Pika doesn’t have. Very interesting…

1 Like

@pokemondreams,

New mystery activated :slightly_smiling_face:

Upon looking closer/not being on my phone, your pika does have the sun-ray pattern, it’s just hard to see due to the dark background. This would be 3rd print. Here’s an eBay comp for reference: www.ebay.com/itm/184960396354?hash=item2b107fac42:g:yOAAAOSwV6Bg7b3r

1 Like