What is your favorite sealed item you own?

Don’t have sealed product but I have a sealed Lucky Stadium black star promo in my binder set. Sucks that the card is the wrong way around in the packet though so I can’t see it in the binder :sob:

1 Like

if not tcg related then i have many as i also have graded VHS pokemon tapes.
if tcg related at the moment i really think this one is underrated. i also got the VHS for this seperately graded

11 Likes

My favorite sealed item(s) are all the prize packs I’ve accumulated since the start of my Pokemon TCG journey, I plan to keep them sealed foreverr. There might be a $500 Charizard VMAX in there, but I won’t gamba hehe

2 Likes

Ngl sealed products are so boring. Basically all the sealed items I own are just speculative purchases

2 Likes

Definitely my Kawayoo HGSS decks.

11 Likes

My favourite sealed item has to be my shadowless booster box, for the item itself, but more so for the journey it took me on.

Shadowless set is what got me back into collecting pokemon cards as a teenager. By 2012 I’d completed the set in raw cards, and I’d been mulling over making what for me was a big purchase back then. I’d spent countless hours on the old forums and YouTube researching base set, shadowless, and 1st edition, looking for the nuances between them, searching for identifying factors for guaranteed shadowless booster boxes. Once I knew what I was looking for the hunt began.

Over a period of months, every opportunity I had I was scouring the internet; ebay, gumtree, Craigslist for listings. It took a lot of patience, but I was sure if I persisted it would pay off. On the off chance I was looking at an established TCG websites in the states, and they had a base set booster box available. There was one stock photo for their listing which was the top of the booster box. But due to my research it was all I needed to know that it was a clear wrapped shadowless booster box, but it was just a stock image right?..

I reached out via email, and asked if somebody could give me more details re the box, and clarify if it was the box pictured, and that the wrapping was in fact clear and had no stamp marking on it. Miraculously they responded to me, and confirmed the very same. They were reluctant to send it overseas, but after a little persuading they agreed! My heart was more than palpitating when opening up the packaging to see if it was indeed shadowless, but it was! And since 2012 it has been in my possession, as an incredibly fond memory of nostalgia for the cards it contains, but also for the time, effort, and patience the experience instilled in me. It truly made me feel like a Pokemon master!

8 Likes

I have 2 VHS intro packs & 1 Neo intro pack.
(Google pics as they’re in storage)

I originally bought them to keep sealed, but to be honest may end up opening and grading in the future.

I also have a few Tyranitar VS decks and Victini BW battle decks from 2011, again may end up cracking and grading, cos as pfm points out sealed is kinda boring in the scheme of things…

16 Likes

This is very hard to chose between all my sealed packs and especially with my WCP unlimited booster pack but I think my favourite sealed items are my two Japanese short packs : base set and jungle. And if I had to chose one of them that would definitely be the Jungle short pack which was produced for far much less time.

17 Likes

damn i love these plan on buying and grading them with IGS.

1 Like

Bought this last year for my Gyarados collection :grinning:

Still need to get the other variants one of these days.

12 Likes

Looks awesome and in great condition!

1 Like

I’ve got a Crown Zenith booster bundle still sealed. I guess that’s pretty cool. Might open it one day.

Yeah I don’t collect anything sealed really. Some of the promo boxes are wonderful but I just can’t bring myself to leave those por cards trapped in there :joy:

These are so cool!

The most niche and pointless sealed item, but so incredibly special to me! My favorite sealed item is this sealed Russian 2016 McDonald’s Collection Torchic

12 Likes

Hold up, I’ve been looking for Russian cards forever!

1 Like

Although I also like my Red Logo Fossil pack with Aerodactyl and incoming EX Sandstorm blister with Seviper, my favorite sealed items are for sure the 10 different sealed Moltres #21 promo variations, which took quite a while to complete. :slight_smile:

Greetz.
Quuador

15 Likes

26 Likes

Okay. Damn. I love this so much. Some of my favorite art in the entire tcg.

2 Likes

I wish I could be like you people and keep things sealed. Nothing that I have ever brought home has stayed sealed more than an hour.

1 Like

Move over booster boxes!

9 Likes