What is your favorite sealed item you own?

I am currently packing and moving closer to the office, and as I stare at my sealed collection and put it into boxes, it had me wondering which part of my sealed collection is my absolute favorite.

It didn’t take long to figure it out

The Eeveelution VMAX Premium Collection

After introducing the VMAX Summer Lottery Promos in Japan that were limited to only 3000 copies, most of us were wondering if they would release the cards in English.

December 3rd, 2021 saw the release of the VMAX Premium Collection

Each Pokémon TCG: Eevee Evolution VMAX Premium Collection includes:

• 1 etched card featuring Vaporeon VMAX, Jolteon VMAX, or Flareon VMAX

• 1 full-art card featuring Vaporeon V, Jolteon V, or Flareon V

• 1 etched oversize card featuring Vaporeon VMAX, Jolteon VMAX, or Flareon VMAX, suitable for display

• 1 colorful pin featuring Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon

• 6 Pokémon TCG booster packs

• 1 large metallic coin

It truly feels premium, the box art is S tier, the art traced back to Eevee Heroes and in my opinion was some of the best art we had gotten in years (maybe even ever). I never found it in stores so I had to go search for it and eventually found a few in the wild with my gf at a local convention. A great memory!

What is your favorite sealed item you own and why? What’s the history on the release?

21 Likes

Evolving skies blister with pin, for the following reasons:

• Still affordable now. Booster boxes are way too expensive
  • Individually sealed, no filtering or weighting
  • Transparent, I can see they are not juice packs or Star Birth packs inside

5 Likes

I’ve got a single Charizard Hidden Fates tin thats a good reminder of when I got back into the hobby in the summer of 2019. It was one I got for $10 on Black Friday at Target

I don’t have anything expensive really. Nothing over $100

3 Likes

My sealed mewtwo promo (14) from the vhs. I cant believe i never opened it.

5 Likes

probably the one greninja star i have that’s still sealed. its either that or bricks of etb energies/etb accessories.

7 Likes

Either my Thunderstorm Gift Box or a 1st Ed Jungle Booster Pack w/ Flareon Artwork. I like the Thunderstorm because I feel like it’s a less common item and I got it for a song. The Flareon jungle booster for obvious reasons lol

6 Likes

This count? It’s the only sealed item I own.

22 Likes

@lamplamp, I had a very similar message typed out as well. I picked up a Australian Jungle deck display not long ago for a steal and really like it for its rarity and uniqueness. Also I have a HGSS Ampharos blister that I really like the look of.

3 Likes

I like my plain cardboard box case of Lost Origin booster boxes. There’s like… At least 200 Giratinas in there, I can feel it.

5 Likes

I need to buy more sleeves, but these are some of my favorites I have right now!

25 Likes

I have a some Gen 3 era sealed stuff that I love. Very hard to pick a favorite, but I’d say either the Theater Limited VS Deck or the Latios/Latias ADV Gift Box. Both of them I bought from pkonno which is an interesting story!

9 Likes

I don’t have any sealed items because I have the self control of a 4 year old.

5 Likes

I also don’t have any sealed items. But I really want a sealed shadowless charizard artwork pack

2 Likes

I’m not really attached to any sealed product. The cards inside mean more to me than the packaging or box art. That said, there are some insanely good Japanese box arts.

5 Likes

Japanese Theater limited movie decks, and I guess an art set of VS boosters that I decided to keep sealed during the time I opened them.

the Eevee Heroes Gym Box is pretty cool I guess as well with the Espeon Vmax.

Sadly I donot have a sealed Space Fissure deck, as i opened the only one I had for a binder but will happily purchase one in the future probably.

24 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

this is the first item i ever graded back in 2017

16 Likes

Im gonna get meme’d for this but I really like these Zard UPC’s. I think they look clean and the packs inside are a nice variety, plus it helps I traded a bunch of HF baby shinies for it :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

After a bit of consideration probably this blister currently. Who knows, maybe there is an Icy Snow Vivillon hiding in there, but I don’t think I will ever try to find out as this is my only one.

15 Likes

the best conceptual design the pokemon company ever produced, damaged card sleeves:

37 Likes