• Rock
  • Ghost
  • Dark
  • Dragon
  • Steel
  • Fairy

0 voters

1 Like

I’ll kick things off: my favorite type is Water (shocking I know). I love the designs of most Water Pokémon and all of the environments they appear in both in the games and cards look so cool and fun to explore.

3 Likes

2/2 right now, it is not necessarily the water type which I like, but when I name my favorite pokemon 90% of them are water types. so lets go water!

1 Like

Ghost.

Bug, Rock, Dark and Flying in second. Electric in third perhaps.

1 Like

My starter in RBY and GSC was also Squirtle and Totodile, and my team was always water.
My childhood card binder had mostly water Pokémon and Eevee cards.

1 Like

pkmnflyingmaster

3 Likes

Ghost and Dark because I am a tortured soul myself.

Also Fairy.

2 Likes

Agree! Love me some water Pokemon - so many good ones and some of the best IMO :droplet:

Edit Good thing I voted water…my Pokemon sprites below are 4/6 water, so that checks out :wink:

Double Edit I also noticed the other 2/6 are flying…so basically I just hate land.

1 Like

Grass is definitely my favorite type. I love their connection to nature and overall designs.

2 Likes

Only correct answer is steel

11 resistances
3 weaknesses
1 immunity
High base stat total
Beastly mons

Fire and Dragon have always been my favorites.

1 Like

I love Fairy-type Pokémon too!

:slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe one day ill get over the switch from pink to purple like i did for early poison types as grass types but this just looks so wrong to me

Bystanders may not know what you’ve done to hurt me here, but I will not forget it.

1 Like

Ghost all the way.

1 Like

I have a few favorite types: Electric, Fire, Steel and Dark. But, if I had to choose it’d be Electric.

Fire is a close second

Its like in the Games: Every Bugcatcher tries to argue why Bugs are the Best and everyone goes mehhhh

2 Likes

Bug types have actually become significantly better over time. Far from being an elite type, obviously, but they definitely play a much larger role now.

I would go as far to say that the only reason why Bug types were so bad in Gen 1 was because there were no good STAB Bug-type moves. You literally had three: Leech Life (which had 20 BP at the time but has since been powered up to 80 BP, Twineedle (which could only be learned by Beedrill) and Pin Missile (a multi-hit move that sucked).

If X-Scissor existed in Gen 1, for example, both Scyther and Pinsir (heck, even Parasect) would have been very viable and actually would have represented a legitimate threat to the dominant Psychic types. Speaking of Psychic types, it’s funny how they went from being by far the best type in the game to now probably one of the worst.

1 Like

I’m a mixed mind in my own corner since my favourite types are poison and bug even though in real life i don’t like bugs or anything poisonous at all, i think i might even have ophidiophobia

Sadly I will say Dragon. For the myth it was in gen 1 being the most powerful type and also for the polemic about Gyarados for it having Dragon DNA but not being an actual Dragon type.