What grade/condition would this be classed as?

So unfortunately I’ve been priced out of the english Gold Stars and so that goal is unrealistic for the time. I’ve turned my attention to the Japanese cards which offer a more realistic collection goal opportunity for me.
I’ve seen this Gold Star Charizard.

At a guess I think it could be a 7/8
There are no marks, dents, creases or folds according the seller and the only damage looks to be the whitening on the back. The centering is off too but that doesn’t concern me too much.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Jimmy

1 Like

PSA 8, maybe 7 of surface is scratched some, maybe 9 if rest of card is pristine.

1 Like

IMO rather 8/7 than 9, because offcenter + damage.

I think its very unlikely it goes a 9. I wouldnt expect higher than a 7 but be happy if you get an 8

Its very OC and has some bad spots on the back so i would be expecting a 7, a 6 would be a tougher grader and an 8 would be a good day. But more photos would be needed for my opinion to hold any weight

Strong 7, maybe an 8. There’s a chance for a 9 but only if that grader is in a rush.

1 Like

Disregarding any surface wear because you didn’t post photos, it’s nestled right between 7&8. Could go either way. That said it’s not our opinion that matters, but the grader’s :blush:

“So unfortunately I’ve been priced out of the english Gold Stars and so that goal is unrealistic for the time. I’ve turned my attention to the Japanese cards which offer a more realistic collection goal opportunity for me.”

It’s interesting because this was an exact prediction many of us made going back 5+ years. But it seems it’s playing out in actuality now! :relaxed:

1 Like

@jimmy, 6-8

Thank you for everyone for your opinions

Ive been sent some more pics from an angle

Does £400 seem like fair value?

If no scratches on the holo I say an 8, given the edge whitening and centering.