What do you do for a living?

I work for PBS in their fundraising department helping them improve their fundraising campaigns

10 Likes

Do you work with any with NPR on their fundraising?

1 Like

I am currently in high school, but will be going to college in either secondary education or corporate finance. I am looking at Furman and Berry College for education and Bentley for finance. (maybe Wake Forest in I can get in).

2 Likes

Iā€™m a loan officer for people looking to secure financing for buying a home and providing the mortgage.

2 Likes

Iā€™m an Infrastructure Support Analyst for the hospitals. do the day to day fixing of computers, printers, and everything else in between. Been doing it for 11 years now since I was 18.

VoIP, Telephony, Route/Switch. Sometimes projects, most of the time right now on Tier 3.

1 Like

Iā€™m a tattoo artist and Iā€™ve recently opened my own shop after working at several shops for a few years.
Every now and then some customers bring me their old cards; for which Iā€™ve been very grateful. :grin:

11 Likes

Department manager for ElkjĆøp Sound and picture. I sell TV and soudsbars for a living basicly

1 Like

You win :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately not!

I am a licensed CPA (Certified Public Accountant) in the State of New Jersey. I worked in public accounting as an auditor for the first few years of my career, but the life style of commuting all over to various clients and living out of a suitcase is exhausting. Much happier now working regular hours at a successful startup company as their Senior Accountant.

3 Likes

Iā€™m starting medical school next year, but Iā€™ve been selling Pokemon cards to pay the bills since 2011. I used to sell sneakers and cards, but I lost interest in sneakers when retail prices started going up and the quality went down.

Orthopedic surgery is the speciality Iā€™m looking to go into post med school. Hopefully I can return to collecting when I eventually get there :blush:

3 Likes

I was working in IT consulting for two years after graduating with focus on the airline, automotive, and manufacturing industries. My employer was unable to staff me anywhere local and wanted me to relocate so I turned that down and am now out of a job hehe. Slowly but surely looking for my next move!

1 Like

Iā€™m a 3rd year student studying physics hoping to go into Astrophysics. Iā€™ve been in school for way longer than anyone should :wink: but hopefully Iā€™ll get where I want to go.

As for where Iā€™ve worked, Iā€™ve built a hydro electric generator in the middle of nowhere Alberta, as well as worked for the Coca-Cola company.

Building the generator I made around 18 grand in the three month contract, and blew 18 grand in the three months afterwards :sweat_smile:.

Iā€™m only 22, have no idea how to save money, love pokemon cards, and use my friends house as a storage facility.

12 Likes

Iā€™m a full-time student in my 3rd year studying Computer Science. I also work 20 hours a week for my school in their Materials Management department. We collect materials from other departments in the university such as old lab equipment, out of date technology, and other materials that are no longer used and figure out if we can sell them or if they should just be recycled. I was hired for online sales, and my job is to research items that come in and sell them on eBay. Not too bad for a school job.

In the past, Iā€™ve worked at a Ross Dress for Less, My LGS Hoopla (which has since closed), and a buy, sell, trade LEGO store.

I sell clothing, Pokemon cards, and Lego on eBay to feed my Pokemon addiction.

3 Likes

I think you have a corporate office near me here. I think on Decatur or Rainbow?
I love your occupation. Got any inside info on USA events like the Breeders Cup;)

I win. What I do for living is the BEST. Though it doesnā€™t pay well.

Iā€™m RETIRED.

20 Likes

Iā€™m a PSA card grader

12 Likes

18 Likes

Thats what im talking about! Iā€™m in the same sweet, American boat.