What cards are being slept on right now?

They are basically the holo pulls for the hgss era. Typically 6 in a box. I don’t think they are that undervalued.

1 Like

Absolutely theyre not WoTC. BUt as you said, neither are other profound and high prices cards.

A lot of members on here preach a buy what you like, not what you think will go up. As a result, this forum is composed of many many collectors who will continue collecting regardless of price increase or decrease. Why would somebody collect something losing money? Because it’s more than money.

Now you see the sets nearing 15 years old. Those whom grew up in this era were raised on these sets. thus, seek nostalgia from this. I was raised with pokemon in the early 2000s(not born in 2000s) as a lot of us seek the eras that are most impactful to us. In 5 years, those who lived and played during this era are truly adults. Theyve gone to college (or not) yet have to go into the real world and have income. They have salaries. And as history has shown with base set, jungle, team rocket etc, there has been a demand. And its not from the young kids, but those of us who have the nostalgia.

I think it would be improper to rule out the gain that comes with these holos no? Considering every set prior has hit a spike, especially EX holos as of recent. Even gold star cards are rebouncing

I do agree however, no extreme growth to match the wotc sets. But hey, ive sold EX psa 10’s for 3x what they sold for 6 months ago so who knows. More expensive box means even less openings.

1 Like

I definitely think they will increase. I’m just not sure they will see massive gains because of the fact that they are the third-most sought-after cards in the set.

The kids who grew up with those cards will likely seek out Gold Stars and EX cards long before they will seek out the holos, which is why I don’t think EX holos are entirely comparable to Jungle, Fossil and Rocket. In those sets, the holos were the chase cards. There were no Shinings. There were no EX cards. There were no Gold Stars. It was basically holo or bust.

With the EX sets, a holo is really only a decent pull.

Again, I’m not doubting that the holos will increase somewhat, and like I said: I personally love them and collect them myself. I’m just saying there won’t be significant growth, which I think we both agree upon.

1 Like

Scott is probably gonna hype up Primes next so scoop them up before his next video

9 Likes

Scott has made it pretty clear that he isn’t crazy about Primes.

2 Likes

As a investment idea I’d recommend to stick on wotc era. After all that is THE “original” / the oldest. I think most ppl are ready to buy those cards. If you have a personal interest to Collect other than that go for it.

Why not offer your opinion or viewpoint? Much more beneficial to everyone :unamused:

Ex is a good candidate. It’s already seen movement for the 9s and 10s, though maybe not to the degree that it’s catching people’s attention.

I’m a huge fan of Shadowless so it’s good to see the bump on those cards.

I think all sets from pre-2010 have seen some healthy raises. Would love to see 1st edition base rise a bit more. I mean some of the Holo PSA 9 can still be bought for under $1000! For the OG set!

Edit: Misread the original quote so my comment is now out of context. Great job…still gonna leave it here in case someone wants to check out the Primes: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Prime_(TCG)

What about Optimus Prime?

1 Like

Seeing more prime activity around the hobby in the last week than I’ve seen in the last year

1 Like

I don’t think stormfront charizard in psa 9 should only be 150.

3 Likes

I am currently sleeping on a pillow of gold star psa 9s and a blanket of delta species psa 9s. Honestly, sleeping on graded cards provides an amazing quality of sleep and restfulness.

7 Likes

Call of legends SL cards

2 Likes

Prerelease clefable. It’s been sitting on the 100-200 price block for the longest time. Back in the day I stopped grabbing them because they jumped from 50 to 100, now I’m back on them picking up some nm-m ones (best I can hope for) for under $200. Yet 7 are selling for more.

I think a lot of people who are newer to the hobby don’t realize that a psa 7-8 is really good in raw condition and hard to find, with this card, because of their exposure to all the 9-10 grades. That means for veteran collectors that understand this card it’s easily to advantage of the opportunity, and wait for some of the newer collectors to learn that a 7-8 is about the best you’re going to get.

6 Likes

All the ones I already own.

5 Likes

I literally sleep on all of my cards. They’re stored in a container underneath my bed. I keep hoping this increases their value but ebay keeps telling me that’s not how things work.

10 Likes

Expedition, super low pop 10s. All starters and some of the most popular pokes included.

5 Likes

I feel like aquapolis and skyridge have superior artwork as far as ereader sets go, but Expedition definitely gets slept on(seen some people say they don’t like the set at all)

My favorite artworks :

5 Likes

With the recent rise in prices for English cards, I personally think Japanese exclusive promos are relatively underpriced compared to set cards.

If history was to repeat itself, 6-9 months after the 2017 March boom in prices is when Japanese promos experienced its own spike. Even though the spike in prices wasn’t as noteworthy as set cards then, it was stable and didn’t experience any major drop in prices like some set cards did.

You can still get most of these promos for late 2019 prices. I believe a rising tide lifts all boats but most boats for Japanese promo are still laying low.

3 Likes