What are your unpopular opinions in pokemon?

The two neo cards, shining aside, both have bad art. It’s the arms on the dark type card and the finger/claw position, and the fat folds over the knees on the fighting type card. When the tyranitar poll was going on I struggled to find decent depictions

2 Likes

I really liked what they did during the hgss era. I still think that was the best english card layout to date.

4 Likes

Yeah I was going to say how I also don’t care for the Dark Tyranitar but thought I’d said enough laying into the other one :grin:

Shining is decent but it took until e-series to get a good one imo

Shh… We have to be careful about expressing our love of HGSS/Legends. The cabal is ever vigilant.
:laughing:

5 Likes

@Swoobot respond to this

Multiple attempts were made. I guess you are spared

6 Likes

Karen’s Umbreon from VS series is easily one of the worst looking depictions of Umbreon in any of it’s available cards, maybe tied with the Gold Star.

Its head is larger than its own tail and nearly its entire body, the one hind leg that is visible is anatomically tiny and if it tried to stand it’d probably resemble a corgi more than the vulpine/cat like form it has in its sprites and watercolor artwork, and its tail looks bulbous for no reason.

At least its not as bad as the left foot on Expedition Mew, where it looks swollen and pustulent with the yellow in the middle, and it being twice as large as the right foot.

4 Likes

You’re going straight to hell for that statement. :fire:

Karen’s Umbreon is one of the best artworks ever commissioned by TPC.

24 Likes

One of the most beautiful cards out there

1 Like

Probably not even top 500 imo

6 Likes

Hissssssssssss

3 Likes

How can you own cats as pets and not adore this card?

1 Like

pfm is a hater, this card is top 3 Umbreon card

2 Likes

Legendary collectionr reverse foil is extremely overrated

5 Likes

Thank you @oorah . Like driving by an accident and trying not to look, I only read this thread to get the raw emotions. Been awhile since there’s been a stir . You nailed it! :joy:

2 Likes

It’s not even the best sleepy Umbreon card :skull::skull::skull::skull:

3 Likes

10 Likes

espeon is better

3 Likes

Although I personally do like the Karen’s Umbreon, :arrow_up:this I defintely agree with.

I also love its awake-at-night counterpart from Aquapolis:

Speaking of Umbreon and unpopular opinions, though: I never liked either of these two artworks below; imo they’re meh at best, solely due to the Umbreon itself, since the backgrounds are not too bad… Sorry.

Greetz,
Quuador

12 Likes

Pulling NO punches with this statement. DANG!

I just gotta like and comment for the commitment to the thread topic. …DANG! :laughing:

1 Like