What are your unpopular opinions in pokemon?

It’s PSA’s own fault they’re in this mess, tbh. Last year they had a 7.50 USD per card action despite already being behind 4+ months on submissions. They underpay employees, and either refuse to get new employees (which would be plain dumb if you’re almost halve a year behind schedule and new orders keep piling up…), or simply can’t get any new employees or keep existing employees due to these low wages (also stupid, considering it’s a multimillionaire company).

Yes, no one could have predicted that Pokémon (and other TCGs I might add) would have exploded this much due to the pandemic and YouTubers and what-else in 2020, but that doesn’t take away the fact that PSA makes very poor business decisions and they’re in this mess mostly due to their own fault.

I also am curious how they’re going to resolve this, since the times keep rising by the day and it won’t take long before the jokes we make about “I’ve just send out my PSA bulk submission. I hope it’s back before Christmas 2022.” aren’t too far from the truth anymore. Ah well, future will tell. They’re still the #1 grading company for Pokémon and sports, and I doubt that will change anytime soon if at all.

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes