What are your most Iconic/nostalgic songs from the games?

That Damn Mirror B music. One of the things that made me unable to hate lodiculo. I always see his derpy face dancing to this music. :rofl: :melting_face:

1 Like

Just discovered this one from Unova

1 Like

The original National Park from GSC is one of my favourites… honestly all the gen 2 music is phenomenal. I love FrLg music too.
Got a 3rd gen rendition of azalea town

this is also probably one of the hardest battle themes in the whole pokemon series, severely underrated

honorable mention to pmd because it genuinely has some of the best music i’ve ever heard straight up

1 Like

hadn’t considered Mystery dungeon, but I bet there are more great tracks! I also forgot that FRLG gave us Gen 3 versions of Gen 2 music.

1 Like

the mystery dungeon games have legendary soundtracks!! & yea, they’re the first games i played so i didnt even realize until the last couple years lol i’ll always hear route 42 as sevault canyon

1 Like

bumping, and adding another one here as I review old music for my new videos: Route 209 DPPt -specifically the Brawl version.

Just listened to this at 0.75 speed. Sounds surprisingly like something out of the Shire from LOTR.

1 Like

My first exposure to Gen 4 was Shining Pearl. The first lake scene track blew my mind.

1 Like

the remakes of gen 4 really cleaned up the audio, and it sounds SO Good. They seemed to use more string-like tones in D/P, and I think that hurt it a lot with the DS sound capabilities. On Switch? Problem solved!

1 Like

Route 26 (GSC) is the definition of nostalgia for me. It’s a powerful track yet it leaks a bit of sadness. Becoming Champion is the goal but it also means the end of your journey. I shed a tear every time I listen to it.

4 Likes

My favorite piece of music from any Pokemon game:

So many other great ones, some of my favorites from B2W2 :

1 Like

If you played Gen 3 or Gen 4, you should watch these arrangements. They are incredible and incorporate actual gameplay.

1 Like

GSC has my most nostalgic hits: Ecruteak City theme and National Park theme. Always gets me emotional!

In addition to those, the Pewter City theme in GSC when you get back to Kanto in the postgame, as well as the revised Lavender town theme and SS Aqua. So goooooood!

I also love the Littleroot Town theme, Verdanturf, and the Diving themes from RSE.

1 Like

For the newer games, I’m in love with the Jubilife Village theme :heart_eyes: oh my gosh it’s heaven on the ears, and I love how it morphs into the Jubilife City theme from DPPt

Honorable mentions:
Game Corner from Goldenrod City GSC
Goldenrod City theme GSC
Lilycove City RSE
BW Legendary Pokémon battle theme
Lake Theme from DPPt

2 Likes

Also, do yourselves a favor and listen to Braxton Burks’ Pokémon albums on YouTube. He arranged songs from the franchise for an orchestra and they are stunningly beautiful.

1 Like

Who remembers about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team songs :star_struck: ?

1 Like

The whole soundtrack from red/blue and gold/silver, any part of it just brings me back to being 10 yo, they were so simple but so perfect

1 Like

Nice! I don’t game much anymore, so I rarely hear the new stuff. That track hits that nostalgia hard! I’m gonna really enjoy using the new stuff in videos.

1 Like

This one hits me in the feels

1 Like

I loved the Pokémon TCG Game Boy game and I love the entire soundtrack:

https://youtu.be/YP4uFEmNQTw

1 Like