What are your most Iconic/nostalgic songs from the games?

The best Legendary theme song

Also, anything from the Ruby Sapphire Pokemon Pinball :slightly_smiling_face:

Who can forget gen 3’s surf theme

5 Likes

Ecruteak City. Here’s a cover by the very talented Kyle Landry.

There’s also National Park. It’s so nostalgic.

6 Likes

This one reminds me of Goodbye Butterfree!

mqdefault

5 Likes

Ruby Sap added a lot more depth to the music. Added capabilities of the 32 bit hardware. IMO RSE is where the music finally hit it’s stride (not to say earlier games didn’t have good music, just that they weren’t able to really go for it. I think. But then that’s why I made this thread: I don’t know music from newer gens.

2 Likes

Yup. Always immediately makes me feel like I’ve won!

Ah, yes, playing in the dark… :grin: And I remember the worm light accessory. cut your battery life in 2, but it was WORTH it!

1 Like

This thread is almost more nostalgic than smelling a box of vintage cards.

3 Likes

Nothing beats sniffing vintage product

6 Likes

I had this stuck in my head ALL DAY, @Justln ! haha. I’d no idea where it was used, but for some reason it has stuck with me ever since gen 3.

3 Likes

How can 8 bit music capture the sleepy town vibes of Azalea so well?

4 Likes

Triathlete theme from ORAS- I got back into the pokemon games circa 2016 and this really stuck out to me while playing.

2 Likes

Honestly so many. I love the game soundtracks to death and many mean a lot to me. Here are a few:

That opening where those droplets are falling in the puddle will make me cry in later in life no question. So much nostalgia.

Not my favorite from DP but there is so much nostalgia in this song I just love it.

An iconic DP theme and one of my favorites!

4 Likes

The R/S/E ending credits is oozing with nostalgia. Even after beating the game and hearing it for the first time all those years ago it made me nostalgic for the journey I had just taken.

4 Likes
3 Likes

The Slateport theme always reminds me of Christmas music.

2 Likes

…THAT is pokemon game music?! :open_mouth: So many good things from the OG games too. I think I need to play ORAS. haha

It’s uncanny. As I listen to some of these that I played, certain ones really do take you right back to playing the game. =)

2 Likes

That’s what Im saying! It’s such a banger

1 Like

As weird as it is, listening back to this song almost makes me emotional. I get so many childhood memories hearing it. I don’t know exactly why this theme of all gen 4 themes gets me so nostalgic, although every single time I had to get off my ds I remember going into the Pokemon Center before I saved my data, so that could be why.

3 Likes

Holy Crap! Was lead to this by the algorithm. I had no idea this gave me such feels!
PkMn Colosseum OST ♪♫

3 Likes

By far one of the greatest themes in any pokemon game

and this one

3 Likes