Favorite Pokemon Music?

What is your favorite Pokemon music? Could be from the games, the TV show, or anything else officially made by Pokemon! My personal favorite is the theme for Faraway Island in Pokemon Emerald, which is where Mew lives in the core series games.

5 Likes

My all time favorite is the Johto Journeys theme song, followed by the tunes that are throughout Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Many here might already know im a huge gen 2 fan, but really everything about it is quite near and dear to me. Whenever i hear that theme i get such a rush of emotion that its really telling of just how powerful Pokemon as a whole will forever be for many of us.

Aside from that though, I always enjoyed the silly songs they did at the end of episodes way back in the day as well, like Brocks tune about Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy. So over the top, but funny in that sense as well.

2 Likes

Pikachu’s Jukebox : What kind of Pokemon are you?

We used to get the anime in native language but the jukebox songs at the end of the episode were in English. This song was extremely catchy.

2 Likes

Lavender Town city tune

3 Likes

Original theme song hands down

2 Likes

Route 3! I felt like such a boss Christmas morning when I was 10 years old

7 Likes

This thread has some cool choices :wink:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZFm2Q26Mmc

The Gen 5 Elite four theme had me headbanging, also nostalgia for the games I played the most. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

While not technically official, here is a bunch of great remixes of tracks from different gens. Favorites include Route 4 from RBY, Ice Path from GSC, Lavender Town and the Gym Leader Battle Theme from RBY.

One of the best things about Sword and Shield in my opinion is the music. This track comes to mind:

1 Like

The Cerulean City theme. Nothing will ever beat this for me.

8 Likes

So many good ones! The game music has a ton of depth especially considering the technological limitations of the period. I really dig the chord progression on this one.

3 Likes

Pokemon World by Youngstown. It’s not on spotify! Argh! It’s a very 90’s sounding remix.

2 Likes

Like I said in the previous thread, nostalgia is great and all but some of the best tracks are from the newer games. I posted the Zinnia battle theme and Ultra Necrozma theme there, but here are some of my favorite newer tracks:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFxDzFg_eFc

But even as I say that, I cannot deny the greatest route theme of all time:

1 Like

The theme for the battle with Red on Mt. Silver is by far and away my favorite in the series. Lavender Town’s theme from Red/Blue would be a close 2nd for me.

2 Likes

@fourthstartcg

Better yet, music from newer games remade into 8-bit sounds.

For example, here is the theme from Poni Wilds in S&M remade into something we would have heard in Gen 1 or Gen 2:

For the most part, I actually think the music from the newer games sucks, but there are some gems in there.

3 Likes
1 Like

That’s exactly what I was thinking of as well. I still stand by my words from that thread:

2 Likes

Anime:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6bTSAS_Yts

Main Games:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFnud60qmU

Spinoff:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrfhwpdjbPQ

Remix:

3 Likes

i find the lack of trumpets in this thread disturbing

2 Likes

MIDI trumpets hurt my soul. But here are some real ones, gamers orchestra!

1 Like

Favourite from the games

Route 1

Favourite from the show

Pokerap

Not officially made for Pokemon, but Vacation by Vitamin C which was used in first movie short, Pikachu’s Vacation is also a classic

1 Like