Favorite Pokemon Game Music Tracks?

Thought it would be fun to discuss some of our favorite music tracks from the video games. Mainline or Spinoff, whatever you connect most with! I know that there are some (most?) of you that do not play the games, so these may be new to you! Comment your favorites below, and if you want, include some memories you attribute to each track!

1. Pokémon Center Night in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    Pokémon Center (Night) - Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - YouTube
    Such great memories of spending time here with my best friend trying to figure out which Pokémon we could hack into our games with his Action Replay.

2. End Credits Gold/Silver/Crystal
    Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal- Ending - YouTube
    In the gen 2 games, if you want to level up your pokemon you have to battle the E4 a lot since the levels are so low (in the 40’s-low 50’s iirc). So this is definitely a memorable music track. I love how the track really makes you feel like you accomplished something. A great track to end your journey.

3. Dewford Town Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
    Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald- Dewford Town - YouTube
    I’ve played Emerald too many times to count. Every time I get to Dewford I just sit and listen to it. This song SLAPS. Starts slow, but 0:45 be vibin’.

10 Likes

Ecruteak City HGSS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFnud60qmU

Liked the traditional japanese instrumentals they added at the beginning for the remix, and how it’s different from cianwood’s.

Vs Evice Colosseum:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHjuA-1MBSw

I heard it so many times as a kid, because it took me like 20+ tries to beat evice. Think I was like 6 years old at the time and had a trash team filled with pokemon I liked including a level 60 plusle, and the rest of my pokemon were in their 40s.

3 Likes

Nothing will ever get you more hyped than this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=quYjN57Tycg

Close second:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b47tBE4x6E8

6 Likes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqh1u-futlc

2 Likes

Route 1

3 Likes

I’ll continue to share these two whenever this question is asked, both of them just hit different :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Surely the most nostalgic soundbyte in all of Pokémon Card GB, the Imakuni? Theme:

It has always stuck with me ever since I played this game back in 2000.

4 Likes
3 Likes

My favorites are mostly in gen 3 and gen 5. I can’t remember specifics in gen 5 but some of the town themes and battle themes (specifically legendaries and elite 4 I believe) I remember being solid. For gen 3 I like a lot of the Team Aqua/Team Magma music, especially the battles with Archie and Maxie, ESPECIALLY the versions from the remakes. I think the Deoxys battle theme is my favorite song in any Pokémon game, especially the eerie intro. I think the original is probably better than the remakes.

An honorable mention is the Arceus battle theme from gen 4. It’s pretty unique for Pokémon, especially because of how sparse it is sonically.

Outside the main series games, the battle theme for Primal Dialga in Mystery Dungeon is legendary, but I honestly prefer the Palkia battle theme in the post game.

2 Likes

I have about 50 songs from Pokemon in my YouTube “best video game music” playlist, so it’s hard to choose. I think BW have the most great tracks. If I had to pick 3 though, they would be:

Village Bridge from BW

Credits from GSC

Gym Battle from RBY
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPUK0RU8UOE

2 Likes

The rival battle theme in Gold/Silver/Crystal is my favorite. The transition that happens around 40 seconds is when the good feels begin for me.

2 Likes

Just wanna point everyone towards Insaneintherainmusic on youtube (and streaming platforms of course)!

He makes the most incredible jazz-arrangements of video game music, and soundtracks from pokemon is a huge part of his discography. Currently doing a project he is calling ‘The Year of Sinnoh’, which means gen 4 arrangements throughout the whole year :fire::fire::fire:

You’ve probably all come across him at some point, but oh man, he is worth diving deep into!

www.youtube.com/c/insaneintherainmusic

2 Likes

I love that channel. His best imo:

2 Likes

Excellent choice man! Hard to choose but my favorites are probably Fossil Falls, Wii Channel Theme, Rosalina’s Comet Observatory, Coconut Mall, Rainbow Road (Year 7) and ofc Thomas The Tank Theme.

Damn, can’t list everything :joy: Carlos is truly a genius

1 Like

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZnplruCMYc

This one always knocked it out of the park for me. I remember changing to the radio station as a kid going “whatt the !:thinking:?!!!” and it was such a cool surprise and to this day my favorite part about the gen 2 games.

and of course, another all time favorite sound is encountering some of my favorite legendaries ever:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L82J495iWrM

4 Likes

The music for my namesake (abandoned ship theme is the same as faraway island theme in Emerald):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFmqIob-Wgs

4 Likes

Really love this song too. Actually, I discovered this official anime OST song recently , apparently it was never aired on tv.

3 Likes

Alright here is my favorite pokemon music track: Route 216 Midday) Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Music Extended [Music OST][Original Soundtrack] - YouTube

Also I highly recommend this video if you haven’t watched it yet! The Pokemedley (A Pokémon Mashup) - YouTube

2 Likes

this is my all time favorite pokemon music as well! The ominous melody just creeps up to me at random points of the day lol

2 Likes

Surprised I haven’t seen this one included yet (especially given the upcoming release)…

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynTzb_BoHs4

An absolute classic, even the menu music triggers something for me. Love the intro especially also.

2 Likes