What are some of your must have cards

So I wanted to create a thread aim’d twords everyone in the hobby.
What are some of the “must have” cards you think every collector should own.
What are some cards that you guys think are truely gem, that you couldnt see not in your collection. PSA graded wise, or just in one of your binders.

With that being said obviously a 1st edition base charizard psa 10 or an illustrator is going to come to mind to some collectors, but thats an unreal reality for a large majorty of people on here.

So what are some cards that are well priced, that newer collectors might be interested in?
Or Just You think are really awesome and you couldn’t seen not owning.
Could be old WOTC stuff from 1998 or newer stuff from 2016,

Personally one of my favorites is the Base set unlimited Raichu, psa 10. Raichu is my favorite pokemon and that card sits on my desk every day!

1 Like

Heres a few nice looking cards that are pretty Cheapo.

Umbreon and Espeon Ex from EX unseen Forces/Golden Sky, Silvery Ocean :blush:
Latios/Latias from the VS Theater Limited Pack.

Gold Star gift box Mewtwo.
Dragonite Gameboy Promo (very cheap)

2 Likes

Reverse Holo Charizard from Legendary Collection.

1 Like

Prerelease Raichu. How important? Enough to consider delaying my bathroom remodeling :wink:. Sorry, I know it’s a controversial card, but I just love the story behind it.

1 Like

I’ve loved the look of the Tyranitar H28 from Aquapolis since the first time I saw it. Same with Arcanine H2 from Skyridge.

1 Like

For me, my must have card was Nidoran female from the vending series. Not exactly a rare card, but one I’m really happy to finally own.

1 Like

“Twords”

Are you trying to figure this out for selling purposes? If so I hate Pokémon cards!

1 Like

Oh yeah i totally agree. If i ever found / owned one i’d lose my shit

1 Like

Obviously the best looking card ever made:

5 Likes

GOTTA MEW, WHICH I GOT.

2 Likes

Gold Star Rayquaza is something I really want, but will probably never get my hands on.

2 Likes

Lottrry Promo Shiny Entei.

Not necessarily “must have” but here are some I would like to get just because I like the cards:

I centered a deck around this bb back when I used to play. It’s the only card with 4 moves as far as I know. I still have it, but I’d like to get a nice graded version.

I’ve always liked the ancient mew card and I recently researched the different varieties of the card and found out that the Japanese version has much nicer holofoil and there’s a version with a misprinted “NINTEDO” at the bottom. The corrected version is actually rarer. I wouldn’t mind picking up a PSA 10 version if I can find it at a cheap price.

I think these ones look cool and so does my girlfriend, so it’s easy to buy without trying to justify why I’m spending so much money on cardboard, lol.

4 Likes

I want to pick these up eventually. Hyper Rares really lend themselves well to less expressive pokemon.

I could name tons of cards I’d love to have or which I do have, but I think most of the above posts didn’t get the meaning of this thread (unless I’m the one who doesn’t, also a possibility of course). When I read the title and @ssjc 's post, I think he means cards every general Pokémon collector should have / aim for at first. So a Prerelease Raichu is definitely not one of them… :laughing:

Personally cards like this come to mind for me: Red Cheeks Base Pikachu; The first 151 Pokémon from any set/artwork/language; at least one Full Art; at least one EX; at least one Triple-Star from Neo Destiny; at least one Rainbow/Hyper Rare; at least one Japanese card (or perhaps one of each country: English, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Korean, Chinese, Russian, Polish). Those kind of things come to mind for me for (almost) every single Pokémon collector out there.

Greetz,
Quuador

Base Charizard,Blastoise and Venusaur English any variant (except base 2 ofc…) can be graded or binder.They are a staple for those who collected back in the day. Also the pokemon Movie promo and gameboy promo cards…Meowth, dragonite, Mewtwo, Pikachu etc…we all know them :blush: An Ancient Mew card because they were the weirdest card ever when they came out…the nostalgia :grin: Machamp 1st edition holo!!!
A bloody Muk holo from fossil…and the rare trainers…because they were the baine of packs in School…so kind of have to add them as this is a nostalgia trip *waves fist*
Errrmm… also, got to be a dark blastoise and/or Charizard holo and non holo. They were the business when Rocket came out. A PSA card from your childhood collection…any grade 1-5…because lets face it…most of us kids sleeved the nice cards and shoved in our pockets, 3 ring binders… or the 9 page sleeves…then folded them up to fit in our pockets , tin or bag aha! The memories…got…got…got…need.got …got…need…dont know*puts aside* got got NEED!!!. XD
There are a handfull more but the ones above come to mind right now

The above arent must haves for investment or return…just pure nostalgia for myself as those are the cards I grew up knowing.I didnt even see the ex cards until I started collecting again a few years ago. I think the last neo set/legendary collection were the last sets before I stopped, and started to play more games,…got into warhammer, football and Magic. Then stopped when I was maybe 15 and moved onto Runescape, fifa, cod, scouts, more football(actual outside stuffs).

Well theres some useless info and life story drivel for ya :wink:

Purely must haves for myself for sure, maybe even get the most memorable cards from my childhood in psa 9/10s eventually.For now though I am happy with the scuffed ones from back when :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT:

So what are some cards that are well priced, that newer collectors might be interested in?
Or Just You think are really awesome and you couldn’t seen not owning.

Buy some old wotc cards and others now, rather than new sets because most the newer stuff is easily obtainable…the older cards are not and will continute to be more difficult and/or expensive to get hold of. If you love some of the Japanese, English cards from the late 90s to early 2000s…best to spend £100 on those than a new booster box etc( imo and not frivelously spending on old…do your research)

The full answer to that is for another day, or later…who knows? who cares… ^.^

2 Likes

Ancient Mew, base set Charizard, neo Lugia, 1st edition machamp. All these are my picks for must have cards for any new collector and old collector

korean unlimited base set cards

All four inverted WB stamp error cards, just because they are so rare and I think it’s a cool error :blush: I only have the Mewtwo though