What are some of your favorite threads from E4?

Hey im new to E4 and was looking for some of the best threads to sink my teeth into. I was looking around and was trying to sort by top but realized there wasn’t a way to organize the threads like that because there is no “upvote” system like reddit. (Hopefully i didnt miss this feature if it is present)

Can’t wait to read what you all have to send! :blush:

3 Likes

Lately it’s been any thread not started by @dblast

12 Likes
  1. My Collection Goals Thread. 2. Anyone’s collection addition threads or the public one everyone uses but I was mainly talking about everyone’s personal collection pages. 3. Threads that appreciate the art 4. Threads where there is general interest in the hobby and the cards themselves (cough cough fuck you 4k certs for making horrible topics even if true) 5. Anything without Dblast. I know I’m being mean at this point but the person can’t catch on. 6. If someone generally needs help or advise (not what should I buy or what has most potential) 7. Every now and then a price or market related discussion if it’s generated towards how prices are still too cheap which we should appreciate we can still buy at these costs. Not a fan at all of B word threads. Or threads related to prices are due to drop or general salt related threads haha. Sorry for long post added plenty of detail :slight_smile:
5 Likes

www.elitefourum.com/t/the-index-of-elite-fourum-articles-updated-march-21-2021/13979/1

That one will keep you busy for a few hours :wink:

3 Likes

www.elitefourum.com/t/collection-goals-post-here/27306/1 www.elitefourum.com/t/mcorey777s-best-of-collection-videos-added/26469/1 Both of these are my threads. Not trying to promote myself. I simply collect. I just enjoy good discussions and appreciation of the hobby feel free to anyone to check out either or post in them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not going to lie, none lately. The peak of the forum is behind us imo.

Lately It’s either been price checks, “what should I buy”, “4xx certs are best and if you disagree you’re an idiot” or some other ridiculous nonsense. Not that I contribute a lot, so I blame myself as well.

I genuinely have a hard time understanding this trend. If there is something I am not understanding, feel free to let me know, I miss the simpler times when it was just about having fun and collecting.

Actually, the E4 meme thread is pretty funny.

6 Likes

Hey man thanks for the in depth response, I appreciate the effort! Do you have any specific threads that cultivate some of the topics listed above? :blush: If not no worries!

Just looked in the meme thread and went through the most recent pages and had a good amount of laughs. Will definitely try to get through the whole thing

1 Like

Will definitely check out thank you! Usually tend to enjoy your comments when i see them haha

1 Like

Holy moly

3 Likes

Honestly, just check out peoples collection threads and the articles section of the forum. Tons of great info there, you can really learn a lot

2 Likes

The favorite card under $10 one.

3 Likes

That was a good thread. Especially for modest people. I was afraid to post there because i didn’t want to give away my buying ideas until I complete haha

2 Likes

Ooooo that one sounds like fun gonna check it out thanks

2 Likes

You would be surprised what $5-$20 can buy you. A 1st edition wotc holo of a unpopular Pokemon like bellosum or Jumpluff or abunch others. Last I checked they still didn’t realize the box went up like crazy and it’s a punishable crime for them to be this cheap haha. A ungraded ex card in light played. Damn near any mint Prime or Level X. At one point I was buying Expedition holo’s for $20 range some less some slightly more. Can buy you a full art from any era. Enough for some Shiny gx cards from Hidden fates pack fresh. Or a rainbow rare for less then $20. Promos. Japanese or foreign wotc holo’s. PSa 10 rares. Commons uncommons. All great buys. People tend to focus so much on only Psa 10s or only the most desirable cards. There’s plenty that go unnoticed and undervalued :slight_smile:

Well said! i think completing the Prime set might be my next endeavor, should be really cheap and it will look nice in my binder!

1 Like

I originally wasn’t going to spoil the surprise but i ordered every prime in mint condition this week except for two higher priced ones. And high priced for primes only means $30-$50 range haha I really like the art myself. I know primes don’t get any love but let’s see what the future holds. I’m buying ahead of time for myself but don’t be surprised if those increase in the near future as well. It’s a unpopular opinion but I don’t care and i like them. I like I buy as simple as that haha. The potential for growth on every card from every era excites me but I’m not here for just money plus I know I can’t easily replace cards if I sell them due to prices and availability it’s simply not replicable to consistently do for long periods of time

1 Like

Yeah i stopped collecting during HGSS when i was a kid. Love all the second gen pokemon so having them represented is cool. Which ones are the heavy hitters price wise?

Mew and Gengar rest are cheap as hell

1 Like

Well ive got gengar so thats a plus. Pulled it from when i bought a case of 24 blister packs from rusty like 5 years ago!

1 Like