What am I missing? Sealed WOTC Promos

So I recently discovered that I’m missing a sealed Ancient Mew variant and wanted to see if I am missing any other sealed Wizards of the Coast promos and variants.

Here’s what I have! Am I missing anything??

NOT PICTURED:
* Dark Charmeleon
* Dark Arbok w/envelope
* Rapidash and Ho-Oh Sheet

The 1st Movie Promos: Electabuzz, Mewtwo, Pikachu and Dragonite

Legendary Birds

Ancient Mew

Mewtwo

7 Likes

Ill link @quuador as he knows a lot about the legendary bird sealed packs

Mjisaacs

@bluey Dang, I’m so jealous about those Game Boy Color Legendary Birds packs, and the Moltres in particular. The final regular sealed variation I’m missing in my Moltres WotC #21 variations collection (and both a 1st and unlimited edition Web pack with Moltres in it). Never even seen the Moltres before, only the Zapdos and Articuno both once each on eBay.

But I don’t see any variations you’re missing for either the first four WotC promos nor Legendary Birds (in English at least). For the other WotC promos I’m not too knowledgeable, but you most likely have all of them as well.

EDIT: Actually, you are missing a sealed Legendary Birds variant. The one with the rounded Catch Mew! insert card:

EDIT 2: And I also don’t see the sealed Marill:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

#13 Black Star Venusaur sealed?

4 Likes

You have the Norway Ancient Mew which is similar to the UK one with purple text at the top, but black at the bottom. I think there are a few other Ancient Mews from Europe as well.

The English print - French version of Meowth is a bit lighter with an insert.

If you are including things that are semi-sealed like the Arbok - you can include the Meowth #10 non holo with pass. Other flyer inserts like Pikachu E3, Sabrinas Abra, Dark Persian, Mewtwo 12, and then Magazine inserts like Pikachu, Kabuto, Misty’s Psyduck. Venusaur you can get in the magazine fully or sealed in just the insert.

When you get all of those you can always spread out into the the sealed packs of 25 for quite a few of the WOTC BS promos and Energy. There are the Sealed packs of 8 for the Best of Game. I think Jigglypuff had 25 and 75.

Even more rare you have some in the Bricks of 1000ct and movie boxes of 600/1200/1800ct

4 Likes

Haha thank you! We came across the GB promos many years ago on eBay! I believe Charlie was involved in the discovery and is the reason why I have my set. :blush: If I ever see another Moltres, I’ll be sure to let you know!

Oh awesome! Yep, I need to get the round corner Catch New ones. It’s so funny how quality control was with these promos! I think I’m also missing a set of the 1st Movie promos where the front of the cards are facing out and the insert is backward. I’ll have to look into that more.

Oh! I think I have the Marilla. I’ll double check. Thank you so much for all of the help!!

2 Likes

Oh yes! I might have that strategy guide around somewhere. I’ll do some digging! My collection has been buried for way too long and I forgot what I have… Lol

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I just found that Ancient New without the people text. Do you know if the other European variations just have slightly different text or are the languages different?

This is the GB Meowth? I’ll definitely keep an eye out for that one!!

I might have some more inserts laying around. I need to do some digging! I do want to make sure I have those as well.

I thought about collecting the big sealed packs at one time and even had a bunch of them! But that might be more venturing than I have cash for haha! Thank you so much for the help!!

@bluey, Nice to see you Sammy, Merry Christmas! :blush:

2 Likes

Machamp, Magmar & Electabuzz came in sealed bricks of 25 I believe. 25 or more.

Also, how cool would it be to have sealed videotapes with the cards still included :wink:

2 Likes