Welcome to Elite Fourum Thread

I actually like seeing this feedback! Back in the day I wanted to try and appeal towards newer. Thats why I made things like The Giant Art Thread. But this was all pre 2020. Now a lot of the loud new people (speculators not collectors) have a hot take. Naturally I think that makes E4 more insulated, as we can never cater to bad pulls = resealed, or sudden spike in cards = market manipulation.

Anyway, I think E4 will always attract serious collectors, new or old. The modern market speculators wonā€™t have as much fun. :melting_face:

7 Likes

There arent many public spaces that have been around as long as e4, if any at all. Part of why its stuck around is that the majority of members/visitors have genuine interest in the hobby. We collect different things, but the core interest in pokemon is universal. Some of the other public spaces like facebook and reddit can be quite offputting and even rude to people. Iā€™ve never felt that here

5 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I have always been into Pokemon as a kid(started playing during DPP and my last game played was USUM on the 3Ds),i got into collecting Pokemon after my locals for Yu-Gi-Oh shut down last year and decided to find something to do so i decided to collect pokemon during the release of Brilliant Stars and my first card i ever brought was the rainbow rare cynthiaā€™s ambition from Brilliant Stars.

Realising Cynthia had a lot of full art trainers gave a great starting goal to collect them all and based the way i arrange my current binder off this. I also donā€™t mind getting other languages outside of English and Japanese(Have a decent amount of Thai cards and some chinese). I am also from Australia

7 Likes

Well, Cynthia certainly checks out with your name! Welcome to the fourum, @DragonClasher, and best wishes on your collecting Journey!

2 Likes

Thank You!
ill show you guys some of my collection soon!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @DragonClasher !

2 Likes

Hello all,

Entirely new to the forum, a friend of mine advised I join.
Currently working on rebuilding my wotc sets like everyone else, then unsure as to a future collecting goal.

Iā€™ve been a collector since base set launched in the UK, and although itā€™s not always been PokĆ©mon Iā€™ve always been a collector - Iā€™ve got near enough everything you can think of from Shining Force, for example!

Enjoying going through my older binders, crying at cards Iā€™ve lost and enjoying picking up things Iā€™ve never had currently.

9 Likes

Welcome @Neutral ! I too have cried at many cards I lost. I also rejoice at how many new cards and artwork I have found!

1 Like

Great nostalgia and a true appreciation for the hobby both new and old! Glad to have another true collector here on the fourum. Itā€™s a great place for us and I hope youā€™ll enjoy it. Welcome, @Neutral!

1 Like

Hi everyone! Iā€™m Vinny and Iā€™ve been in the hobby for a couple years now. My favorite set is the Legendary Collection, purely for the reverse holos!

I also love uncut sheets. I have a framed 3x1 base set pack sheet, a 3x2 Fossil pack sheet, and a Generations 4x2 pack sheet. And my next mission is to get a KB Toys Fossil holo sheet.

I basically grew up on PokĆ©mon, so itā€™s very exciting for me to be back in this hobby after so many years.

19 Likes

Welcome to e4, Vinny! Weā€™re happy to have you here. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @shump21 a.k.a Vinny!

1 Like

Welcome!:partying_face:

1 Like

Nice to have you here

Welcome @shump21 very glad to have you on the forum. Have a lovely time here!

Cheers!

1 Like

Welcome, @shump21! Glad to have ya here! Very cool that you aim for the packaging. Itā€™s a great focus, and call-back to itā€™s time. Best of luck on the collecting!

1 Like

Hey everyone! :wave:

Better late than neverā€¦

Iā€™m Xander. Iā€™m from Glasgow in Scotland. :scotland:

Like everyone else, I fell in love with PokĆ©mon as a kid. I rediscovered my love for collecting around 2010 when I found my old cards and set out to fill the gaps in my binder. You all know how the story goes from thereā€¦

At my peak, I owned a complete 1st edition raw base set. Yes, Iā€™m bragging - it literally comes with bragging rights! Regrettably I sold it back in 2016. If only I knewā€¦ :sob:

My collection has down-sized dramatically since then as life changes and we adaptā€¦ Now Iā€™m left with my complete unlimited sets from Base set through to Legendary Collection. These hold the most nostalgic value which for me, is what itā€™s all about!

I recently created an instagram page to try catalogue my entire collection card-by-card if anyone is interested in followingā€¦ Same handle @char.xander :v: Iā€™ll be sure to follow back.

I look forward to making some new PokƩpals on E4! :blue_heart:

Cheers!
Xander

13 Likes

Welcome to e4
You donā€™t happen to be on reddit do you? Familiar name.
Enjoy, welcome to a safe space of like minded individuals.
Dropped you a follow on insta :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks! :pray: :blue_heart:

Nope, not on Reddit!

Appreciate you! Will follow back now. :v:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Elite, @char.xander !
Iā€™ll go follow you on Insta too.

2 Likes