Welcome to Elite Fourum Thread

Hi there!
Finally decided to make an account after lurking for a few months !

I guess i’ll write a short presentation ! :slight_smile:
I’m from France and my love for pokemon started when i was 7 with pokemon blue and the cartoon however the generation i’m most fond of and have the best memories of (card game and video game) is ruby/saphire/emerald.

Roughly 6 years ago i started slowly collecting the cards again, buying packs but never thinking about collecting the older sets that i loved as a kid (i guess at that time, i just assumed they would be out of reach… What a bad decision!)

So here i am now slowly buying back my childhood like many of us here as psa8-9’s depending on price.
I’m trying hard to stay focused on the ex rarity cards of the EX era 2003/2007.

The sales data thread for ex era was a huge help, and i thoroughly apreciated reading through people’s journeys collecting. So, why not join?

I’m looking forward to interacting on this forum! ! :grin:

16 Likes

I’m enjoying the ex renaissance we are in right now, these were very overlooked cards for much of Pokémon’s history. Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums :wave: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It has horns that form a mouth and can chew through iron beams, what’s not to love! Lol.
Thank you for the warm welcome :grin:

Welcome @Chxpp and @Rath to the forum!

3 Likes

Welcome, @Chxpp and @Rath! Good to have you guys here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The important part is that you enjoy what you’re doing, and @Rath , it seems that you are! I’m glad to welcome to the Fourum, and best of luck with your collecting journey!

1 Like

Thanks!
Love the pokemon you chose!

I tried to add some myself but it doesn’t seem to be working, should I link image url’s ?

Usually if I am going to add photos, I will click on the ‘Upload’ icon on the toolbar above the text of your post, it looks like this:

If you wanted to start a collection thread of all of your cards, the perfect place for it is linked here: Collecting Threads Edit Just realized you had already made a collecting thread :laughing:

Cheers :+1:

1 Like

Or, if you mean the PkMn at the bottom of our posts, they are art of our signature:
It can be found above, but I’ll link in a sec…
See Pfm’s post below.

2 Likes
2 Likes

ah great ! thanks !!

1 Like

Yeah, I lead you astray twice in one post lol. My apologies.

Sprites look great!

1 Like

No worries!!
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi all, I joined back in 2020 and made a few posts here and there, but never formally introduced myself.

Like a number of us, I got into Pokemon through the first games (Blue version!) and was also collecting the TCG back then. I remember one Christmas, my parents let me purchase a number of Base set packs, so I placed packs individually on my forearms, one on each forearm, and tried to pick the “heaviest” packs, and I eventually pulled a holo Charizard! (which I ended up trading for like 10 - 11 holo rares). Aside from my Pokemon Blue cartridge, though, all my childhood collections (TCG and TOMY figures) are gone now.

I didn’t really get back into Pokemon until a few years ago, when I picked up PTCGO during the Crimson Invasion release. I really enjoyed messing around with the in-game economy and thought it might be fun to look into buying/selling the actual cards too, so I took the dive and started buying/selling cards around the time of the COVID boom. It was fun sourcing cards and having these pretty neat cards I didn’t even know about (e.g. delta species cards, e-Readers) pass through my hands, but it wasn’t until recently that I thought that I’d actually like to try to build a collection again.

I’m a pretty frugal person, so small collection goals will work for me for now: some artist collections (mostly focusing on bulk/cheaper cards) and Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff cards. I also have it in my mind to collect Chinchou/Lanturn and Wooper/Quagsire, but I’ll ease into it. It’ll probably take me a while before I can feel comfortable dropping hundreds of dollars on a single card, but we’ll see!

Another thing I’d like to eventually share with others here are my Pokemon crafts! I’ll probably make a thread at some point, but I like to crochet, needlefelt, and embroider/cross-stitch (but mostly crochet). I have it in my mind to try to make some backgrounds to go with my crochet pieces to take Asako Ito-esque pictures, but I haven’t undertaken this project yet.

I look forward to participating in this community!

17 Likes

Welcome @bbobrob !

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: :wave:

This is a great thread idea! It never ceases to amaze me how crafty and gifted some of the people here are.

4 Likes

I second that I would love to see people’s craftwork. It is a good idea.

3 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

@stagecoach @camrok37

Just started the thread. Hopefully others will participate and share!

4 Likes