Weird Tracking - Anyone else experienced something like this

Purchase about $650 worth of crds from Gary.

usually get them in about 5-7 business days from LV to Melbourne, Australia.

Went to check tracking and looks like my package came to Australia, then went back to the States, then to Canda, back to states and now no update for 6 days.

Glitch or actually happened?

Tracking number if you want to jump on USPS website:

LZ356067995US

Seems like it’s getting sent back but with a couple detours on the way

Send USPS A message on twitter(so you dont have to make a long distance call). They’ve fixed issues like this for me before. Sometimes packages get misrouted by mistake.

That’s what i thought. @garyis2000 thinks it will be ok and no need to contact them.

1 Like

It happened to me when i sent a package to canada once, its like a glitch, it will resolve itself most likely.

Thanks for this information. So weird if it is!

I had a package that I sent to France that was refused at customs by the buyer… and it then proceeded to come back to US (to my local post office but no further), then go back to France, only to go back to the US… and then back to France again. I called USPS and they were able to track it down and get it delivered to me. I was incredibly annoyed the whole time but in the end they said it was just a routing error, who knows! So there was a base set booster box living in airports and hubs for over 2 months earlier this year. Let USPS know if it gets to be too long, and they’ll help you out!

Edit: Also I’m dumb- maybe called Australian post will help you out more! But either way, someone will be able to help I hope. Good luck!

Nah they won’t help, they will just say it’s a UPS issue.

Source: Experience

I had a package that was send to the other side of the world for no reason and it arrived with me after a month, sometimes mistakes happen but usually they’ll find their way back

Below is the trek it’s taken.
Note on April 7th the label was printed at 4:37pm AND shipped out in the postoffice by 5:30pm. The first update after that was 3 days later in a different state lol.

Text & Email Updates
Tracking History
April 17, 2018, 10:41 pm
Departed
LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES
Your item departed a transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES on April 17, 2018 at 10:41 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
April 17, 2018, 3:08 pm
Arrived

April 16, 2018, 9:39 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility

LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 16, 2018, 8:56 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility

April 16, 2018, 8:56 am
Arrived at Regional Facility

April 13, 2018, 11:20 am
Departed
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

April 12, 2018, 7:59 pm
Processed Through Facility
CANADA

April 12, 2018, 7:59 pm
Customs Clearance
CANADA

April 12, 2018, 12:45 am
Departed

April 11, 2018, 3:14 pm
Arrived

April 10, 2018, 6:48 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility

April 10, 2018, 12:58 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

April 10, 2018, 12:58 pm
Arrived at Regional Facility

April 7, 2018, 4:33 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
HENDERSON, NV 89044

1 Like

I’m starting to get worried. All your other packages come in about a week. Any chance you can get in touch with usps please? @garyis2000

This happens from time to time.

I would not worry much about it in the sense that it would get lost, but the turnaround time from this type of confusion usually makes you receiving the package significantly longer.

Lots of memes from post office blunders happen this way!

Post office said it was delivered to a “postal agent” in Australia on the 19th. I just checked tracking and it says,

Your item departed a transfer airport in METROPOLITAN AREA, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA on April 19, 2018 at 8:12 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Status

In-Transit
April 19, 2018 at 8:12 am
Departed
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

What is an Australian Postal Agent for all you aussies out there.

I did ask at our post office (I have video) and all they know is Australia has it and there’s nothing we can do here.

Once it leaves the US there is nothing USPS can do at that point. It is entirely up to the receiving country to do their job, which can be optional for Aussie post.

I wouldn’t be to worried about it yet, sometimes it takes a wrong route and we have to be patient. I sometimes have to wait 1,5 month for my cards to arrive from the US (I’m from EU).

Awesome!!! That literally happened oveenight. So the tracking is lagging but its comforting to know its in Australia.

It’s in customs by the looks of those scans.

Check out this update::

April 24, 2018, 11:44 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility

Your item departed our USPS facility in LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 24, 2018 at 11:44 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
April 19, 2018, 8:12 am
Departed
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

1 Like

What the!!??

Can you please call them. Wth is going on? Back and forth between australia and usa twice now and went to Canada as well