Post office uncertainty

“Just a question” description says this is the place to ask about post office uncertainty so here it goes

Last Tuesday I walked in to post office and payed for priority 2 day shipping, handed my package of cards over to the nice lady behind the counter, said thanks and smiled, walked out imagining a couple CGC 10 coming back in a month or 2.

Ive never had any real problems with usps but this might be different

Package to Ludkins in Virginia from my city st. Louis

Checked tracking today… This shipping pattern was suspect

Accepted in st.Louis
Departed st. Louis
Arrived Denver Colorado
Departed Denver
Arrived st. Louis
(Why did it come back???)
Arrived st. Louis (again)
Arrived st. Louis (again)
In transit to next facility
Will arrive later than scheduled but still on its way

What am I looking at???

Weird tracking patterns like that are really common. I wouldn’t worry about since it’s only been 4 or 5 days. If the tracking stalls for a period of 2+ weeks, then you’ll have good reason to worry.

2 Likes

I shipped a card off last year to someone else on E4 to have it go from London to Frankfurt, back to London, back to Frankfurt, back to London then finally off to New York where it was supposed to go.

It’s best to not question these things.

5 Likes

Agree with @zorloth and @pichufan. I’ve seen some crazy tracking updates. Sometimes the only scan is USPS in possession of item and then nothing until it magically delivers.

2 Likes

Interesting… So let it run its course and give it another week to hopefully pan out?

Whattt haha I havent had that happen or me yet and ive bought 7299287 cards in the last year …thats why this spooked me

1 Like

Last Tuesday as in a week and half ago

Yeah I think @zorloth is right, maybe start to worry at the 2 week mark.

1 Like

Can I go to regional center in my town where the last scan was and have them find the package and give it back to me or is that as impossible as it sounds??

I’ve had these oddball tracking results many times too.

2 Likes

Any of these instances result in a lost package or does it usually work its way home? In your experience

It’s not uncommon to have weird tracking imo. I’ve had some super strange ones.

Best I ever had was a package coming from Charlie back to me (we are both east coast) and it somehow hit a distribution center in Utah. A three day trip took close to two weeks.

Another goodie was a package coming from literally across the hudson river and it hit 3 different distribution centers in the tri state area before being sent back to the seller and then finally to me.

Patience is the key to solving almost every shipping issue. I’ve had packages not update for weeks and others show erratic tracking info, but they still arrive at their destination.

If your expectation is CGC 10s you’ll probably be disappointed

4 Likes

Its in Virginia as of 10 minutes ago

Phew

Not gonna lie I thought that package was a goner… Now as long as it makes the next few miles to Ludkins from here and doesnt randomly detour back through Colorado or st. Louis again i think were in business

Thanks

Glad everything ended up okay.

I’ve had some stressful waiting periods too where it seems like my package is everywhere except for where it’s supposed to be. A lot of packages I receive from international sellers through the eBay GSP bounce all over the country with Pitney Bowes (the company eBay usually contracts to deliver their GSP items). I’ve had things hit my state and my local distribution center just to go halfway back across the country and every other direction before finally delivering two weeks later.

Certainly stresses me out, especially with expensive items, but at least most of the time it gets where it’s going eventually. Ironically I have a missing package right now that I don’t think is going to turn out as well. Lots of random movement is concerning, but at least that means someone still has the package. When the tracking hasn’t updated for 2 weeks then something is usually wrong somewhere.