Wants: Neo Revelation/Destiny shinings

Hi guys, the main reason I got back into collecting was to finish collecting all the ‘shining’ pokemon cards from Neo Revelation/Destiny that I started when I was young now that I’m at a point in my life where I just about have the funds and I’m going to build customs frame to display them all :grin:

I’m looking for the following in PSA10 but will consider ungraded PSA10-worthy:

Shining Magikarp 1st edition or Japanese
Shining Gyarados 1st edition or Japanese
Shining Celebi 1st edition or Japanese
Shining Charizard 1st edition or Japanese
Shining Kabutops 1st edition or Japanese
Shining Mewtwo 1st edition or Japanese
Shining Noctowl 1st edition or Japanese
Shining Raichu 1st edition or Japanese
Shining Steelix 1st edition or Japanese
Shining Tyranitar 1st edition or Japanese
Fan club promo shining Magikarp

The following ungraded excellent+:

Shining Noctowl
Shining Raichu
Shining Steelix

I also have the following holos from Legendary Treasures/Radiant Collection to trade or part exchange (I have loads from this collection so if you’re after any non-holos from the set feel free to inquire):

Virizion (reverse holo) 15/113
Genesect 16/113 x2
Charizard (reverse holo) 19/113
Vulpix (reverse holo) 20/113
Ninetails (reverse holo) 21/113
Oshawott (reverse holo) 37/113
Kyurem EX 44/113
Keldeo EX 45/113
Zekrom 51/113
Mewtwo (reverse holo) 53/113
Mewtwo EX 54/113 x2
Riolu (reverse holo) 79/113
Lucario (reverse holo) 80/113
Garchomp 96/113 x2
White Kyurem EX 101/113
Lugia EX 102/113
Double Colorless Energy (reverse holo) 113/113

Emolga 23/25
Mew EX 24/25
Meloette EX 25/25 x2

All pack-pulled by me and put straight into UltraPro sleeves

Any questions, feel free to DM me any time!

Thanks guys!

1 Like

hello. I think the English ones will be easier to complete than the Japanese one. There are 3-5 of some of the Japanese ones and when they do appear they dissapear quickly. The English 1st edition ones have a much higher pop and can be completed easier.

Japanese were a 1:300 packs per shining compared to English which is 3 Per box. Sometimes more.

Yeah looking at the eBay prices the Japanese ones are going for I figured that might be the case. Ah well, I do want to complete both eventually and I feel like I’d take more pride in a set that took me a long time of hunting to complete, haha!

So I’m just going to try and grab what I can when I can. That Promo 'Karp is gonna be my biggest issue I think. I heard though Insta that there’s only about 6 PSA10 ones floating about…

Raichu has a pop of 2 so that’s the real struggle.

1 Like

Sorry to ask a stupid question but what’s a pop?

It means population - there are only 2 Japanese Shining Raichus graded at PSA 10 currently.

Oh wow okay haha

That’s definitely a spanner in the works.
Maybe I’ll end up buying all I can find and getting them graded until I get there :confused:

Just gonna casually update my wants to accommodate haha

1 Like

This is not a good strategy. The charizard authority did this with English Plasma Storm Charizard. He sent in 42 and got 0 PSA 10s. In this case of Japanese shinings they share centering issues like Plasma Storm and the wear of english BW/XY cards. It’s not as noticeable but it’s there. Other people have tried it with other hard to grade cards and that strategy rarely works out. Focus on quality and taking your time. The cards will pop up, either mint ungraded or PSA 10, so take your time.

That’s why I recommend going after the english since you are looking for them.

In that case I guess plan B will be to get the English in 10s and the Japanese in 9s and keep an eye out for any 10s that pop up to replace the 9s. Thanks for the advice guys!

1 Like

This is probably your best bet, I have a couple PSA 9 placeholders for some of my collection goals just in case the 10’s never pop up.

Good luck, the Japanese shining cards seem really popular (especially on this forum)

Yeah it does seem more realistic. Better to have a 9 than an empty space haha. Plus, an almost unobtainable goal will give me the drive to keep saving and collecting!

Placeholders are always good, like the difference between the cards is usually some minor wear and a different number at the top, I would rather have the 9 than no card at all to fill the gap, also the prices of some 10s is a huge jump compared to 9s so it’s better for your wallet :blush:

I have a psa 10 1st ed shining charizard I’m willing to sell. Do me for price. FYI I’ll sell cheaper than anyone on ebay.

1 Like

Lol don’t listen to that big Ol’ meanie @hisoka107

I’ve graded 5 Japanese Shinings a 10, so it’s not impossible…Just very very hard

But at the same time you have to be okay knowing you’ll most likely get 9s… think I’ve got atleast 10 of them :face_with_spiral_eyes:

The Japanese ones Look hands down way better than the English ones! Strike now and early focus on the Japanese ones. Make that your goal!

2 Likes

Trust me man, check out @swolepoke Instagram he has the full set in Japanese. Man it must be good to be Swolpoke. He gets up in the morning and all his hair is neat, he goes into his shower and sings “Gloria” by Umberto Tozzi as he smothers bubblegum flavoured shower gel on his finely toned body! He swings out of the shower with a rose in his mouth and slips on his wayfarer Sunglasses because the Japanese Neo Destiny cards capture the suns rays and illuminates with glorious beautiful refraction! Its just one big disney movie for the guy!

What do I get… Sadness

3 Likes

But then… he realizes… Something is missing.

He looks around, this perfect dream world he’s created starts to crumble all around him…

As he looks at the ground, it starts to crack, reality itself itself is breaking apart. This world isn’t stable.

It all disappears… As if it were a world that never was…

Nothing but darkness surrounds him, he feels a cold chill run down his spin as he remembers…

He looks up, and whispers “Raichu”…

BUT! Worry not eager readers… It is written in the ancient stone prophecies that young Swolepoke, will and must finish the NEO 4 Shining set…

All is in due time… due time…

2 Likes

Claps @swolepoke

You and @dragontype should really film ‘The Shining Darkness’

1 Like

DragonPoke-Classic lol.

1 Like

I prefer Swoletype…

1 Like