Complete Shining Japanese Set Neo 3/4

Hi all,

Hope everyone is keeping well and safe.

Was wondering if anyone has any idea on an approximate figure on a complete Neo 3/4 Japanese Shining Set? Maybe including the Shining Mew too? Sales data seems to be very rare.

Thank you!

It’s very difficult to put any precise numbers on them, even when PSA graded too. As you say sales data is just not common enough, a lot depends on condition as well.

I very recently missed out on a nm/m Shining Tyranitar with a final bid of £530. From that and my knowledge on the shinings in general, I can estimate that Charizard would cost more (possibly double or more), Mewtwo perhaps on a par, Raichu, Celebi & Steelix a bit less then Kabutops and Noctowl at the bottom of the pile. Obviously there are many holes to fill but with some knowledge like that and just a few recent auction records you might be able to fill in the puzzle. Ultimately you have to make a judgement for yourself if you’re buying them as to your limits for each card.

Magikarp and Gyarados are more common than each individual Neo 4 shining so should be easier to research, including a lot of active listings. Mew is also a regularly traded card with plenty of data, including all PSA grades.

what condition are you looking for?

If it helps I paid 1.6k for a psa 9 mewtwo and 575 for a psa 9 noctowl 2 months ago.

Not sure if OP still needs the prices but it’s something I get asked about from time to time.

PSA 9’s and 10’s this month on PWCC:

Magikarp 9
Gyarados 9 & 10

Raichu 9 & 10
Charizard 9
Kabutops 9 & 10
Mewtwo 9 & 10
Noctowl 9 & 10
Steelix 10
Tyranitar 9 & 10
Celebi 9
Mew 10

Will get some idea of where they are at.

1 Like

@xuzu, oh lord, judging by the current ebay prices for these cards and considering that we are talking about PWCC, these auctions will be brutal

1 Like

@ripguyfawkes yes I agree sadly they could get more attention than ever before, seeing them all auctioned like this is unprecedented particularly on PWCC. This could be the end of finding them for steals :slightly_frowning_face:

@xuzu , I’d say the time to find them for steals is long gone already. I should know, they’re one of my two primary collection goals :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Can’t see them in your collection thread. Give us a look :wink:

@xuzu, I try to only post in the collection thread when I have finished an entire mini-set, otherwise it feels so unfinished. That’s why my collection thread is so empty right now

2 Likes

I am much the same. I won’t speculate what I think they are worth or will sell for, hope you can get one or two!

1 Like

Wow, definitely looking forward to seeing what they go for. Especially as you don’t see many 10s!

1 Like

Prices rises so quick. I’m hunting now a year for 2 shinings (look at my buy thread if anyones cares haha) . The prices went crazy for all shinings. That charizard went wow.
Think 9 & 10 before 2020, most of them where ranging bewteen $200-500. The charizard is an exeption offcourse. Don’t know where it will stabilise.

Rightfully so though

Some absolutely crazy prices on PWCC last month. Way beyond my expectation I bid on three of them worrying that I would be overspending and would have to sell some stuff if I won all three but hoping to win at least one. I ended up nowhere near any of the top bids unfortunately. In the last few days a lot of the significant ones were paid for.

Some of the confirmed sales:

PSA 9 Charizard - $7,100
PSA 10 Tyranitar - $5,600
PSA 10 Steelix - $3,050
PSA 10 Noctowl - $3,350
PSA 10 Mewtwo - $5,510
PSA 10 Kabutops - $3,250
PSA 10 Raichu - $4,950
PSA 10 Gyarados - $7,878

Insane! Hope I can welcome a new one soon, it’s been a while.

3 Likes

Insane indeed.
I tried as well, failed too haha.
Also looking for a few for making my sets complete. Maybe there are alot of those cards at psa for grading where it will be more available?

I strongly doubt there are many of these at PSA about to come out given the pop report up until now. The 10s are on another level, every single one I’ve ever had was either badly off center or had the usual old back edges cut.

Yeah no doubt there’s some at PSA but probably not a significant amount. They can be tough cards to find even raw.

2 Likes

Does anyone know the rough prices of mewtwo/tyranitar/zard in a 9? Last 3 I need and I dont just want to go off one pwcc sale or two in zards case which are both quite different but one month apart. Seeing mewtwo at £1150-1500 but that’s the only one I’ve really got more than just pwcc to go off.

As a rule of thumb, I usually take the PSA 10 price and divide by 3 to get to the PSA 9 prices for old back Japanese (this has worked in the past and recently pretty accurately for me to get PSA 9/10 Japanese holo prices when no sale data was available).

I think that should be a good starting point with the lack of recent sales.

Mewtwo BIN $1100 - $1300 TRADE - $1600 SELL
Tyranitar BIN $850 - $1100 TRADE - $1300 SELL
Charizard BIN $4000 - $5000 TRADE - $6500 SELL

These are my current prices I have for these.