VS Series Cards - how many are there?

So I am starting a VS series binder and I went to make myself a checklist. Obviously there is the 142/141 cards in the main set; but then I also saw on Bulbapedia the Theatre Limited Alto Mare half deck and the Tyranitar half deck that have VS cards as well.

Are there any more beyond those?

I assume you don’t want to talk about the preconstructed VS half-deck from the 2001-2002 TMB event

4 Likes

Assuming Japanese only:

142/141 - VS Main set + Tyranitar from the half deck
9 Energy Cards from the VS Main set

002/P - Rocket’s Scyther
003/P - Rocket’s Sneasel
008/P - Tropical Wind ← Very Very Very Expensive Card

The Alto Mare half deck is not VS but standard e-reader like expedition, aquapolis, etc

4 Likes

Those are just some of the same cards with a different release anyway aren’t they? I never worry about card variants typically and wouldn’t be going after stuff that exclusive anyway. Was mostly wondering if there were any other half decks or maybe promos that have VS cards

I want to clarify too that the standard Tyranitar half deck is included in the numbering system of the main set.
So if you’re wondering about binder space it would be 142 set cards + 9 energy + 2 promos (002/P - 003/P), or 153 spaces.

• 1 space if you want the tropical wind but yeah that card is super exclusive
    There could be other VS set cards I’m forgetting about but that is all I can think of right now.There is an unlimited version of the Pryce’s Lapras you could include.

Aren’t the energy part of the set?

They have the VS icon, but are not numbered

Its a great binder set! For my japanese binders I have the VS series in with the web series. You will love going after them. A little tip when starting out is to keep an eye out for lots if looking to buy in chunks. Once you get to the last 10 or so needed it gets more challenging with availability. One TM in particular gave me trouble just with the lack of availability last year.

3 Likes

I am currently collecting VS, and just went to get the holos and the Zard out of the way first :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like