Voltorb Flip

Along with all of the other amazing innovations in HGSS, the game corner brought us one of the most addicting Pokemon mini-games of all time, Voltorb Flip!

I’ve spent hundreds of hours at this point wracking up coins from Voltorb flip in Heart Gold. For anyone who is interested, here is a web version of voltorb flip that you can play on the go!

9 Likes

Oh awesome. Just playing through soul silver myself again. As much as I miss the whole game corner aspect, and wish we got it like the Japanese versions did, I’m happy with voltorb flip.

3 Likes

Wow. Im terrible at this. 7 games in a row where the opening move was instant loss.

3 Likes

Just remember that at minimum, each row will add up to 5 in combination of numbers and voltorbs. So any row/column that has zero voltorbs you can reveal right away, and any row/column that adds up to 5 with numbers and voltorbs can be marked and not flipped. You don’t care about revealing any number 1s, so just marking them is much better than taking the chance to flip into a potential voltorb.

1 Like

This reminds me of the old game on PC called minesweeper. I loved it as it was one of the only things to do on a PC before the internet. Thanks for sharing.

-Matthew

5 Likes

Oof. Being called old for playing minesweeper as a kid. I thought it was still a thing.

4 Likes

It took me until @kromaticlanturn’s response to realize it wasnt a minesweeper clone. I then played another hundred times and could only get to level 2. I would have been broke at the game corner if this was real, next time I’ll stick to slots or cardflip.

2 Likes

I’ve recently bought Heartgold and I’ve been dying to play. It’s the last core game that I haven’t played yet. I tried my luck a bit with the web browser, but I hope being a bit more fortunate when I play it on the console, haha!

1 Like

Yeah getting good at Voltorb flip pretty much turns on super easy mode once you hit Goldenrod. You can get some really busted TMs from the Game Corner.

1 Like