Viridian's collection adventure

EDIT 9/1/21 - I’ve edited this thread so that instead of just eseries, I will also post noteworthy new additions. Please check the last page for a complete Generations collection I recently acquired.

When I was a kid I disliked that you couldn’t see the flavor text on ereader cards, so I printed them out manually and stuck them onto clear binder sleeves. (Not stuck to the cards don’t worry!). I didn’t manage to collect all the reverse holos and some of the cards are not NM, but it is what it is. Thought you guys might appreciate it. You can zoom in the page if you like, the resolution is quite high.

I skipped the non-holo rares and trainer cards without flavor text. I’ll start with Expedition. I have Aquapolis and Skyridge also, will upload when I get more time to scan.

Expedition

33 Likes

Love this

I enjoy this thread. Wholesome and fun, and I love the E-Series sets in general. I think you missed a Chikorita, though. :blush:

Thank you! Ah yeah there were a few that either I forgot to print out or I acquired them after I did the flavor text project and was too lazy to redo the template. Now that I have at least 1 copy of every e-series card I may go back and make them for the missing cards!

1 Like

Starting on Aquapolis now! Upon re-reading, I did not realize Muk’s pollution was that bad.

11 Likes

Very cool! I love this idea.

What is your lighting and camera setup? Your pictures look stellar! No glare and the holo pops.

1 Like

Very nice thread, thx for sharing!

So original! love this

Thanks! I just ran the binder pages through a scanner at 600 dpi haha.

2 Likes

Here’s the next 4 pages! I tried to keep the non-holo rares interesting by incorporating flavor text from the newer games, from Omega Ruby onwards. Some of these are really saucy, like Ampharos lol.

7 Likes

Here’s the rest of Aquapolis. It’s pretty interesting that Kingdras sometimes fight Dragonite, that would be a spectacle.

7 Likes

Not strictly flavor text related but I got a PSA submission back today! I got my first ever PSA 10! Btw the crystals here are not the ones in the picture above. I had a few extras that I got graded.

8 Likes

@wei
It’s been fun to view your binder pages with various Pokedex entries, I like E-series the way they are but it never hurts to imagine how things could’ve been.
Amazing submission results as well, Misty’s Golduck is a keeper for sure! :blush:

1 Like

This is amazing. The e-series card design is still my favorite design of all the tcg designs. Also helps that I love the artwork from this era too. I wish they brought it back, at least like the VS series cards. Seeing this collection makes me want to go buy an e reader and scan my cards.

I did a Reddit post a while back demonstrating one of the games actually!

Link

There’s also a lot of youtube videos you can watch that demonstrate the various games in higher quality.

Well now you’ve convinced me. Time to find an English e reader. I can’t believe they región locked them.

Luckily they’re not that pricey still compared with vintage games from that era. The only annoying thing IIRC is that ereader doesn’t have a memory of its own. So every time you want to play the same game you have to swipe the same cards (which can be like 5 cards at times). But the level of detail in some games is amazing, when you consider the data is like 7kb of dots on a card.

Another non flavor text post (sorry I will try to resume that in about 2 weeks when I have a bit more time), but just thought I’d share a recent acquisition of Vending series cards I got. It included these super abstract Imakuni? cards. I’m still missing Ooyama’s Pikachu and a few others but it’s a good start!

6 Likes

It took a long time, but finally it’s here! We’re in the home stretch with the first part of Skyridge. I find it funny that Moltres and Articuno are counters for each other, with Articuno appearing to doomed people in mountains but Moltres appearing to guide them home.

And yes Gengar is a destroyed copy, but hey, it was the only one I could find that didn’t cost $300. =/

11 Likes