Viral's stash of sealed + promo JP!

Post #5: I’ve finally sorted through everything (minus the cards). I’ll be slowly uploading so bare with me, but there’ll now at least be a theme running in each update.

Before I get into it however, I’ll add a picture of the only 2 cards I did get a chance to sort out from the rest (since they were not in the cardboxes).

First is a Masaki Omastar with the original insert:

And finally a no rarity zard. I’ve had a few of these guys in the past, with my best getting a PSA 9 but I’m adamant to this day it should have been a 10. Always wondered if they were pop controlling back then. Well this one got a 7.5 and then I found out Arita was holding a signing convention in Italy after I had it graded… So I just got him to sign the case :joy:. Better than nothing I guess.

11 Likes

I sold them all to pay for rent and my master’s degree unfortunately! Much, much cheaper than they’re worth now. I had the 5 at PSA 10 when the pop was 13 lol.

3 Likes

Wow almost half the POP at the time is insane :joy:

Sounds like they helped you in your life! Hard to predict what has happened to the prices in the years since :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s sometimes daunting to look back on, but I’m glad I had something liquefiable at the time!

Post #6: probably not too interesting to most, but an assortment of magazines, books, manga, etc.

The silver bible sealed. I actually really want to open it but also want to keep it sealed… So will likely buy an opened one to go along with it.

Natta wake books:

Closeups of everything else including the natta wake books.

7 Likes

All this vintage stash has made me hungry. Now I crave Pokemon for dinner.

9 Likes

What a collection. Would love to see you document it via video too sometime!

3 Likes

Post #7: sleeves! Will need to split over a couple of posts to get closeups of everything.

Just showing 1 of each in this pic, but closeups with quantity are below as usual!

6 Likes

More closeups

6 Likes

5 Likes

And two more that weren’t in the first pic (accidentally):

8 Likes

I really wished they give illustrator credit to the sleeve arts

12 Likes

It’s a cool flex when you can ID the artist yourself though. Plus without illustrator credit there’s no one to tell you you’re wrong!

2 Likes

I didn’t know they made a sleeve of that art collection card with charizard and venusaur having a battle! I may have to snag a single sleeve somewhere

1 Like

Man, I had no idea sleeve art went this hard. Thanks so much for all the closeups!

3 Likes

One day, PSA might just do it…

5 Likes

They opened the flood gates and started doing all the weird poker, uno, hanafuda cards…I don’t see this as outside the realm of possibility.

3 Likes

Probably didn’t start given how hard it is to find the illustrator information lol.

Post #8: wouldn’t be fair to just post sleeves, so here are the deck boxes I found! I actually use these for storage so only about 50% are sealed, but still some amazing designs so I’ll showcase them all.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Post #8: blisters and half decks. A few of these were posted earlier so I won’t say too much.

I am in absolute love with the sealed perfect set though (first pic below). Artwork is incredible.

17 Likes