[End of the journey. Final Update] Pictures of interesting cards I found in Japan

Hey Guys,

This is going to be a bit of an unorganized but hopefully interesting Thread. I am currently traveling across Japan and visiting as many cars shops as I can. When I’m there I take some pictures as memento and to compare prices and see if I can get a deal somewhere.
To not just waste the pictures for that I thought, I might share them with you as well.
Since this is something I would find interesting to see I thought you might enjoy it as well :slight_smile:
Did you find any bargains I missed?

I hope you have fun browsing the pictures :smile:
I will add more during the day.

Update 1: I uploaded some more pictures

50 Likes

Thanks for these! Can’t wait to go myself some day. Curious how these prices compare to eBay or Yahoo Japan

3 Likes

Back in my day, threads like this would be tagged with a “56k warning”

19 Likes

What’s a 56k warning? :thinking:
Please enlighten me.

Glad you seem to enjoy the thread tho :smile:

3 Likes
8 Likes

No sales tax on purchases over 5500 Yen???

2 Likes

Does the UK have even one of these shops? Lol

2 Likes

Kinda. At most retail stores, foreigners can show their passports after they purchase something and get refunded back the tax portion

3 Likes

Closest thing is probably Brotherhood Games in south east London. They have a nice selection of singles, nothing like this though.

Great thread! Loved looking through.

4 Likes

This is amazing thank you from sharing! Seems like they have a lot of vintage singles which is awesome, and no tax over 5,500 yen is amazing…

Are you able to post a list of shops you visited? I would like to do a similar trip within the next year.

3 Likes

This was an amazing post. Thank you for sharing! There are still so many cards I don’t know the history of!

2 Likes

Wow, love the sea of cards!! Looks awesome, hope youre having a good trip! Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Awesome post. Man the prices on some of these are amazing! I am currently planning a trip for myself and the lady to tour Japan in the near future. I was thinking of doing something similar to this.

3 Likes

Those vintage cards look super well priced! Thanks for sharing the pics and such cool cards at these places.

6 Likes

Ahhhh I love this thread

4 Likes

Always feel free to point out which cards you find priced attractive. Curious to see I missed a good offer :smile:

1 Like

Same here here Matt. If you spot a good bargain let me know :joy:

And I am very glad you guys like this thread so much.
It’s not easy to take pictures in the shops :sweat_smile:

I haven’t been to Japan before, but I’m always in awe of these card shop set ups. Eveything is just so shiny and attractive!

1 Like

Personally I love the WoTC era cards so for like 10-15$ I’d really check the condition and grab a few of the old holos. Love the pictures and super cool to look through!

1 Like

Great thread! I love seeing card shop finds. Such a great variety. I wonder if folks in Japan get the same sense of wonder and awe at LGS finds over here :sweat_smile:

1 Like