Valuing Trophy Cards -2014 Champions Festival Champion Card

I was wondering what you guys’ thoughts were on the value of the 2014 Champions Festival Champion stamped card. I don’t know many of them were released but I assume it is between 6 and 100. Was this card awarded in addition to the No. 1 cards or No. 1-4 cards? Also because the art was used on all of the 2014 Champions Festival cards, how do you think that this impacts it current and future value? And lastly, what would you pay for it? Thanks so much!

Here is the Ebay listing for the card-

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-2014-World-Championship-Champions-Festival-Champion-Promo-pop-2-PSA-9/263887928972

The “Finalist” and “Champion” cards carry the largest premium. The “Finalist” was the previous last stamped card until about 5 years ago. Champion stamped cards are the rarest. They were only awarded to the literal champions of the tournament (all age division).

As for the trophy pikas the value is extremely wide. The price from a winner is not the open market value. All of these items are basically at a point where you either agree on what the seller wants, or you just wait or don’t buy the card. The distribution is so stupid low that there won’t be one price.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Do they still use the “Champion” stamp, or did they stop using it when they stopped the Finalist?

They still use “Champion” stamps. They started the Champion stamp in 2012. Before 2012 Finalist was the highest.

2 Likes