Champions Festival Worlds Cards

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any info on these worlds cards with the stamp “finalist”/“semi-finalist” on the bottom. I think they started in 2013 for getting a certain place in a tournament. Are all the years valued the same roughly or a particular one more?

I won a psa 9 2014 worlds one recently (semi finalist) and plan to hold onto it but was wondering what they are worth if anyone knows cause i couldn’t find one that had sold before?

Congrats on the pick-up!

They’ve done stamps for placement on world’s cards since 2004 when they were first distributed. Champion is rarer than Finalist, which is rarer than Semi-Finalist, than Quarter-Finalist, etc.

Values are largely undetermined as of yet. This year has really been the first year that we have seen a spike in interest/liquidity within the market. One of the strongest consistencies for the market at the moment is actually Troll and Toad’s buylist. So for value, I’d see what they’re paying and cross-reference any sold listings for equal-tier placement stamps.

Anything 2004-2006 is going to have some premium for age. Tropical Beach from 2011 and 2012 also has a premium because they were extremely playable.

6 Likes

It is hard to really put a value without a sold history to gauge it. I would hold onto it as they are not unlimited quantity and harder to get. If it isn’t graded, I would grade it if it is at least in decent condition. If you decided to sell in the future and are not able to get a number, start high and get a best offer and lower it if you need too. That happens to be the same situation with signed Pokemon cards, there is no set number or value on them.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

Yeah its a PSA 9 which is nice. I’ll just be holding onto it :blush: Maybe give to my kids one day xD

1 Like

Great card and perspective! Semi finalist is one of the rarer options! Those cards are loaded with rarity, unique art and history. Nice to see someone genuinely appreciate them.

1 Like

What did you win it for?

1 Like

Pm sent :blush:

Just a pm?

The seller must have been lonely

3 Likes

Hahaha

I have one data point for you. I sold a 2014 quarter-finalist PSA 8 for $250.

I wonder what Troll and Toad pays them for because I blindly buy up a lot of their staff versions.

1 Like

Thanks for this information :blush: