Value and Print Run of 2005 Victory Medal GOLD

Hey, guys!

Recently came across one of these and, while I am familiar with the pricing for various Victory Medals, the 2005 Gold medal appears to be quite a bit different. With a total PSA pop of 9 and a CGC pop of 0, I have absolutely no idea how to price this out. Only one listing for a PSA 10 over $23k. There is no recent sales data and no useful data in the PSA APR either.

The Silver medals are not worth very much, but their pop is also 10x higher with dozens available for sale raw.

I’ve been told that this is an extremely low print run card, with estimated in the 75 range, but I’m coming to you guys for some more information. Would greatly appreciate your support!

Card in question:

1 Like

I don’t have too much to add I’m afraid. I know @siriusstarr recently acquired one of these. She told me about 42 known copies, but not sure where this number is coming from. Maybe she can shed some light on where this number comes from?

If I look on the Bulbapedia page for the Victory Medals, I see the following information for the Pikachu Victory Medals, with the portion in bold highlighting this golden ©2005 version in particular:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

If you check PWCC’s Sales History (under their ‘Research’ tab), you’ll see they have auctioned two copies, both last year. One in November for $7250, and one in June for $12100.

According to Pokemetrics, there have been 4 graded in the last year, all of which graded 10. pokemetrics.org/misc/Victory%20Medal/19sp6

3 Likes

Dang, thought I had this then I noticed mine has the black star at the bottom right. :slightly_frowning_face:

Just adding this as pop reports can be misleading

2 Likes

These are the prices that I’ve seen and that I’m going by, personally! Pretty fair for what it is!

This is not the same card. yours is the 2007 version and has a black star at the bottom right

If you look closer, you’ll understand why I posted this.

3 Likes

The information basically comes from an old Japanese website back in 2006! Here’s a screenshot of the page:

“Seven conferences were held each year with three age divisions. Two years. Total of 42 copies.” This is what I go on, but either way, the print run is definitely super low (at least around the 75 copies that Chimp stated) and the 2005 version of the card is amazingly difficult to come across. I’ve seen a few PSA mislabels stating “2005” when the slab holds a 2007 version, which is strange… You’d think PSA would know the difference and be more careful to avoid POP errors. Still a beauty! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I will go cry in the corner now… my bad brother. thanks for the good word

3 Likes

i’ve been looking into early victory medals as well and noticed that bulbapedia was saying there was a gold medal for 2005 and 2006, but I wasn’t able to find them or any information on them anywhere! best i can do is the 2006 stamped silver lol

Yeah, that’s one of those errors where they state “2005” but it’s a 2007… PSA is weird; you’d think they’d pay more attention.

Best of luck finding one! It took me a long time to come across one, myself. The English Gold is pretty easy to get if you’re not able to get the Japanese version! I know a few are asking about mine after it gets graded (the one in the very first post of the thread).

1 Like

There is an incredible collector of Japanese cards on IG who had posted 3 a couple of months ago.

If it’s who I think it is, I know them! They also are aware of the 42 copies if it’s the same collector. :]

1 Like

Love this card. I’ve got nothing to add to this thread, just a random flex of my copy…
https://instagram.com/p/B-cNJ_MgMOU

1 Like

Love how yours has a swirl! Mine has cute little diamonds and a big sphere!

1 Like

I sadly sold my 2006 PSA 10 because it was too good of an offer to turn down. It sucks that PSA is so terrible at getting these medals labeled properly.

I do love these medals though, I have a few more raw ones I plan on sending in to PSA

This one is clearly not an 08 medal haha