Valuable Common Bulk from Scarlet Violet

Hi y’all. Scarlet / Violet are releasing in just a month and I’m sure many of you will buy products trying to get all that Alt Arts and Secret Rares, and with this clean your pocket. This article pretents to show which Bulk (from commons to normal ex Pokémon) of SV Base Set might be easy to sell to TCG players and get some money and, even sometimes, profit.

Quick Note: Try to sell all the cards in this article in playsets instead of singles (4 cards at the same time) to ensure someone buying your cards.

Nest Ball

Nest Ball is one of the best cards of Scarlet / Violet. It’s true it is a reprint of SM Era Nest Ball, but lots of new and old player might not have it and need it to their decks. After checking some Japanese Tournament post-rotation decks, seen that most decks have 4 Nest Ball.

Electro Generator

One of the most meta changing cards from SV, making electric-type Pokémon dominant. Also a great card to storage and sell.

Arven

Arven is a great card to looking for object and tool cards. Completely useful in competitive TCG and maybe dominant.

Beach Court

Probably the best Stadium introduced in SV, have a huge potencial, specially with Miraidon ex being dominant and other cards like Pachirisu, Skwovet and Klefki.

Jacq

Maybe the Evolution Incense replacement, Jacq has a lot of potencial and will be very useful.

Penny

Another card that could be the replacement of another meta item, this time replacing Scoop-up Net. Penny has a lot of potential with all the new basic support Pokémon.

Pachirisu

Taking into account the Electric Pokémon uprising, Pachirisu will be a great Pokémon. Being a very dominant card with Miraidon ex in Japan.

Klefki

Neutralizing your opponents Pokémon is always very useful, and Klefki do exactly that. A card that is being very dominant in Japan and I’m sure it will also be Internationally.

Hawlucha

Making free damage is an advantage, and Hawlucha could be a very useful Pokémon combined with Penny.

Revavroom (and Varoom)

Radiant Greninja was a dominant card. Revavroom has a very similar ability, and might be useful.

Skwovet

Skwovet is not as dominant as the other Pokémon, but still have a good ability that might be useful for some competitive players

This is all :sweat_smile:. Hope it is useful.

11 Likes

Could you add their translations to the post? I only vaguely remember some of these and we play multiple formats where non-rares are interesting. Some collectors may only be paying attention to the foils. Just a suggestion! :+1: Thanks for putting this together.

1 Like

You can just see all them in Bulbapedia! Just type the card name and look for (Violet ex) or (Scarlet ex). (I might put all the links in my free time).

Not sure if I’m gonna open any but thank you for this!

1 Like

Thanks! My objetive with this Post is that people (specially collectors) can know which Cards might be useful to sell and save some money when Opening the set!

For example, when Fusión Strike released, there was an uncommon card called Judge which is very useful un Competitive. I’ve seen people selling (and buying) Judges Playsets for around 12$! That are like 3 packs!

It’s nice to have a competitive player who knows which cards will be playable ahead of time. I have a bunch of bulk from old sets and I have to look through TCGplayer while sorting through them haha

Thanks! Due to the great amount of good feedback on this Post, I’m planing to make more about more sets (Like Crown Zenith por Silver Tempest). Hopefully this helps people saving some money in this costly hobby.

Also I would like to make a Price guide in the next sections of these posts! Like for how much might they be sold.

2 Likes

I updated it a bit, adding links to Bulbapedia so you can see what the cards exactly do.

I also would like to include an average price about how many you might sell them, but I’m not sure and I do not want to cause conflicts. I would like to hear your opinion :sweat_smile:.

Great guide! Would love to see more of these in the future.

You can now! I also released a Crown Zenith version Valuable Bulk: Crown Zenith, and I’m working on a post-rotation SWSH guide also! Hope you all enjoy it :hugs:

2 Likes

Great list. I’d add Miriam and possibly Rock Chestplate (if anyone is still hanging in there w/ their Urshifu decks, they will be all over this card).