Unpeeled Gotta Mew Price?

Hi people,

Ive been offered the chance to buy an unpeeled gotta mew. Problem im having is finding any history on ones that have sold.

There’s currently one listed up on Ebay at £595 although struggle to believe someone will pay that. As for Graded ive seen a few 9s but how would that price reflect against one thats sealed?

Any input would be great as I dont want to find myself over paying.

Thanks in advance, Josh

I think @thecharizardauthorty has knowledge on this?

1 Like

I have not sold mine but it has sat on trollandtoad for quite a while at 900/1000 It is one of those items I would not mind having back in the collection just because I have seen so few of them. I have fairly limited knowledge of Japanese releases, so I really dont know if it is actually rare enough to reflect that price

I sold one for $450 with the mew slightly peeled at a corner almost 2 years ago to skinst, the mew collector here on efour.

3 Likes

I was about to tag @skinst, since I know she bought one for her collection, but it seems that’s no longer necessary. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Thanks for the replies!

So basically I think i can get it for £175.

I dont think il find one again for that kinda price so im very tempted to get it.

If i can get photos il upload but by word they say all the edges and corners of both the card and the board its situated on are clean.

Josh

Since it’s not a lot of money, and you like it, dive in.

1 Like

Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll also add I purchased another one for $400. This was a couple of years ago, and since then, the Gotta! Mew popularity will likely go up.

I still I don’t think it’s worth $1000 though.

2 Likes

Purchased, managed to bring them down in price slightly!

Will go into storage for the next few years!

Anyone seen what any PSA 10’s have sold for? Id much rather keep it sealed but curiositys getting the better of me!

Thanks again for all your help so quickly!

Josh

1 Like

The one you speak of currently on ebay is mine, its at a high price because I’m a dirty dirty flipper.

I’ve pm’d you :blush:

Fixed it for you man.

I dont think it’s healthy that mod “fixes” your post to portray site user certain way even if the mods personal opinion about the user isn’t positive. I thought mods just supervise that rules are being followed but that might be just me.

I’m assuming there’s a personal relationship between them and it was done all in good fun as a joke.

If that’s not the case then that’s definitely not cool.

Haha dont worry they didnt :grin:

1 Like

I mean the PSA 10 and PSA 9 Gotta Mew are pricey in their own right, so you gotta respect that when looking to buy an unpeeled one. I put a PSA 9 at 200+ based on the scarcity alone, but a PSA 10 is easily a 1000 dollar card.

The question with both gotta cards is how badly do you want it as a collector? I saw a PSA 9 gotta pikachu sell for around 900, then again for 200 on eBay, so case and point. They aren’t every day finds at this point and the Pop report is small compared to most cards.

1 Like

The problem, per say, with the Gotta cards, be it Pikachu or Mew, is that they are very niche as far as collecting goes. Generally, only competionists or insane people ( :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) like me and @quuador would go for them because we’re after a print of every available Mew and Pikachu card, respectively.

Like I said, I paid $400 - $450 for both of my peeled gotta cards, and I felt that was a reasonable price. A PSA of either would sell at about $900 rather consistently. I wouldn’t pay more than either for them because I just don’t feel that that many people are after them.

If you look at the peeled copies of the Gotta! Mew, for example, on Ebay - they sell routinely between $50 - $120 depending on condition. I have not seen one sell higher than that.

Frankly, it’s a matter of demand for the card, and there isn’t much of a demand for them.

1 Like

@skinst, do you have any links to recent sales for $50-$120? I don’t think for a raw copy that’s unreasonable depending on condition, but I don’t even notice that many listings. I think a lot of people don’t even realize what they have. I do agree it is super niche. I got my gotta pikachu for 4 dollars a few years ago because the seller thought is was just some french card.

2 Likes

I checked the recent sales for raw cards, but I didn’t find any current ones. Last time I checked was late last year, though, so I’d be very surprised if the prices have jumped within 6 months.

I DID, however, find this: www.ebay.com/itm/323833557179

Which made me raise my eyebrows, I’ll tell you that.

They sell randomly on ebay, so just gotta check more of the sold listings, I guess.

@skinst,Yes for a PSA 9 I am not surprised. Just scarcity winning out I think. It helps seeing some listings for 900 raw that include the pair.

Found this when I clicked your link.
www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-GOTTA-Black-Star-Promo-Glossy-Mew-7-Mint-Japanese-Gotta-Magazine-/254273836273?oid=323833557179

The card is not mint however. It had edgewear and is an 8 at best.