POP 1 Glossy Gotta Mew PSA 10 Value???

Hello everyone. I recently got a chance to see a POP 1 Glossy Gotta Mew card. Very few have been graded and the guy that owns the card has no idea what to value it at.

I personally own an ungraded copy in Mint condition, but it’s a tad off center, so probably a 9 grade. I know @gemmintpokemon bought an ungraded copy for $150 dollars, but I think that’s a bit overpriced because prior to that it was never quite that high, but still rare.

Regardless, this is a POP 1 Gem Mint card, so what could we value this at? $300, $500 or even $1000?

To clarify, the Gotta Mew Card is a Japanese Card printed in english of Black star promo Mew #8, but it is a glossy card and was a card peeled from Gotta Magazine.

From Bulbapedia: In Japan, this English print was included in the July 2000 issue of Gotta Magazine, alongside a French Pikachu. Both cards are printed on glossy card stock.

Thanks guys!

There were like 10 sealed copies that popped up on Yahoo Japan last month… so I have a feeling that pop will be rising very soon.

As for value, it’s hard to say. Very niche of a collectible since it’s techincally a Japanese promo, and not one that’s very sought after.

Yeah your guess is as good as ours, but since most Japanese cards are ‘Mint’ and will grade high(9-10), the premium for PSA 10 isn’t that big except on the very high end cards. If ungraded copies are really worth $150, I’d say maybe up to $300 for PSA 10 which actually seems a little high IMO.

Buy it for as low as you can. :blush:

@swolepoke How much did the sealed ones go for?

My immediate guess would be $500 since it is POP 1 and not many have been graded. If more came out as a 10 then I can see it being where you said at 300, but I think it’s higher as long as it is a POP 1.

Plus those Mew collectors might go for it no matter what.

Is it listed for sale somewhere? Can you link it?

I dont think so. When I see it or the seller tells me I can post a link.

Pop one unique Japanese card of one of the most popular Pokémon species? I’d suppose $1000+ or whatever the next Mew collector would like to pay

There is an ungraded one listed for $300 right now. It’s been up for like 2 weeks. The owner has a good reputation but no one’s biting on it. Probably because there’s no picture of the back. Only the front. I checked Reddit too and almost everyone there couldn’t even tell the difference between that one and the one that sells for like $2. So it’s a very niche market.

I would be in the category of offering $500 for a copy. I think this is a fair price even if the pop increased to 6 or 7.

1 Like

The seller I spoke of is trying to sell his PSA 9 one first for 700. He listed it on Ebay. Currently it accidentally has a picture of his PSA 8, but it’s the 9 he is selling. I bet he would negotiate. He wants to move it.

9 is too easy to get from a sheet peeled. Its minor stuff that docks these ones.

1 Like