Pop Zero? Price?

Hi All - interesting to see the Ampharos Unlimited from Neo Rev has a zero pop PSA 10. Is that just because not many people want Unlimited? If one did happen to come onto market you think it would fetch a large price or would it be like most other unlimited PSA 10 cards from neo rev and get $50-$100?

I’ve had an active offer for it in my wants thread to buy the first copy for $250.

1 Like

There’s so many people that gravitate towards this thinking - this (insert anything) Unlimited Card has such a low POP Count compared to its 1st Ed. Counter-Part. Therefor, it should command an equal (or higher) price-point. This logic is flawed though - these cards are literally called UNLIMITED! LOL Sure, you’ll have a few people like @gemmintpokemon willing to pay-up for these cards to complete a collection - or be the first to own that card. After those initial PSA 10 Copies sell though, the price-point will most likely decline as more-and-more hit the market.

Right Now, people are mostly focused on collecting / grading 1st Ed. Cards - thus the larger POP Reports. These cards are more popular (right now); and command a higher price-point. Once you see the 1st Ed. Market sky-rocket (as we’re seeing with 1st Ed. Base right now) you’ll start to see the Unlimited Cards gain ground - and thus the POP Report also increase. Personally, I have a decent inventory of Unlimited Holo Cards in MINT Condition. However, I’m not going to grade any of these cards right now. I don’t want to sell a PSA 10 Holo for $50.00 to $100.00 - and I have other (more popular) cards that need to be graded - so those Unlimited Cards keep getting pushed-back on my priority list.

Don’t assume that POP Reports dictate how many copies of a card are available. I know there are a few other people on here in my same situation - have a decent stash of Unlimited Holo Cards sitting in a card-box somewhere waiting for the day it becomes worth-it to grade / sell these cards.

1 Like

Well said. Another problem is there’s just not much demand for these cards. If you get a 9 which is the grade you will earn most of the time, you’ll get maybe $20 and if you’re lucky to get a 10 you will sit on it forever until you get a buyer willing to pay any decent amount for it.

I guess it’s only a matter of time until they become worth it to grade, but for now I’m sure many collectors are in the exact same boat as you.

1 Like

Exactly!

And Yes, it will eventually become worth-it to grade Unlimited Cards - it’s just a matter of being patient and waiting for the right opportunity. The best comparison we have right now is the the Base Set. 1st Ed. Cards have already reached prices where it’s become impractical for many collectors to build the PSA 10 Set. So, they’re switching-over to Shadowless and Unlimited.

A bit of personal insight with Unlimited… I recently got into selling PSA 10 Unlimited Base C. / Un. Cards. The POP Report on many of these cards is MUCH LOWER than 1st Ed. Let’s use my-boy Charmander for this comparison (just grabbed numbers):

PSA 10 1st Ed. = 439 Copies
PSA 10 Unlimited = 203 Copies
PSA 10 Shadowless = 182 Copies

How many more PSA 10 1st Ed. Copies will eventually come-out? My guess is that this POP won’t ever increase drastically. Obviously, it’s not worth people cracking Booster Boxes / Packs anymore - and I believe everyone who had a large stash of MINT C. / Un. Cards has already sent these cards off for grading. Now, let’s look-at how many more PSA 10 Unlimited Copies will eventually come-out. Well, I’ve been selling these cards like hot-cakes for $25.00 - $30.00 / Ea. - which is more than fine with me! Additionally, I’m sitting-on a stash of 350 MINT Copies. Conservatively, I could at least double that POP Report myself. And I’m just one person - now factor-in everyone else with these cards as well that’ll eventually submit into PSA as the pricing climbs…