Underrated Gold Stars

Pretty much charizard and rayquaza are the only ones that are a safe bet. EXCEPT for those cards in PSA 10.

4 Likes

Considering that one individual *cardhouse.eu* with several hundreds obtained illegally of em in good condition i wouldn’t touch them with your money.

Raikou is one of my personal favorites. It’s a shame the English release was botched.

damn, I was really close in buying all 3 goldstar PSA10 dogs from cardhouse.eu on ebay, didn’t know that they made some shady deals. Could you please elaborate on what they did?

There is a thread here on efour about it - but basically it looks like someone did something shady at the factory and took hundreds (Thousands?) of Unseen Forces gold stars from a factory somewhere. More than would have been packaged into boxes. He has hundreds of them he can grade at like PSA 8-10 whenever he wants - so the $200 price currently is probably pretty artificial atm, even if its low.

Which honestly sucks - especially as Suicune has one of the best Gold Star artworks of them all. I still love the art on the card however

Thanks for this explanation. Sucks about the English editions. But at least we still have the Japanese versions.

The other members already explained but as a bonus tip, do check the blacklist here so you can be aware of who did what and shady buyers/sellers to keep an eye out for.

www.elitefourum.com/t/e4-master-ebay-seller-buyer-blacklist/15572/1 <— The blacklist!

The POP 5 series gold stars, Umbreon and Espeon, will probably be a solid investment long term. This is because they are non-holos, which means no weighing :blush:, and they were not released in a standard set, so the print should be smaller. Also, since the packs were only 2 cards, the gradablity of them is often weaker (or harder) than those from 10 card packs. GS charizard is also a good long term investment but it is not underrated or overlooked.

Also the OG 3, Torchic Mudkip and Treecko, I believe are highly underrated. Team Rocket Returns is such an extremely popular so the pack price is very high, and they were the first gold stars.

TL:DR Umbreon, Espeon, Torchic, Mudkip, and Treecko

5 Likes

The only ones that do it for me are the OG eeveelutions, maybe since no one has mentioned them that says something?

To me the trio were a safe buy. I love all three species, there are around 60/70 in the population as a 10 as well as still “affordable” at around $400-450 each.

2 Likes