Unbelievable

A man dealing in cards worth tens of thousands of dollars has decided to commit a single, random petty crime worth a couple hundred bucks.
I’m convinced.
Bring out the torches.

4 Likes

Out of nowhere it just hit me how hilariously stupid the name “fiendin4kush” is. I wasn’t even on UPCCC. I got on just to share this epiphany of idiocy.

1 Like

Most stoners tend to be even more moronic when on the net, ever been in an online game? Either they have a marijuana nickname or 420 on their name, they NEED to let eeeeeeveryone know they smoke Pot. They also tend to have the IQ of an Orange.

1 Like

I did not notice either until reading Tolan’s post. Maybe it explains all of the circles…crop circles… aliens.

So to bury the hatchet on this situation, the guy luckily sent the card back. Here is the video of me opening the package and trying to figure out exactly how this ended in his favor (I’d recommend watching it in HD).

Paypal admitted that this investigation was closed prematurely. They also explained that in situations like this, the standard procedure is to make the buyer return the item and the seller refund them. If the buyer would of been a normal person and asked for a refund, I would of not been bothered. The fact that they were able to make a ridiculous claim is what is frustrating.

Ultimately I am glad the item arrived back without him damaging it.

1 Like

I feel your pain. I recently had a buyer purchase 2 Base Set “black triangle” error packs from me. They recieved them and said they looked tampered with because there was a tiny slit at the bottom of the packs (like there is on a lot of packs from WOTC). I tried to explain but they had no idea what they were talking about. I think the buyer just found them cheaper and wanted to save some money. Needless to say I lost money and was extremely frustrated with the whole situation. Got the packs back (still factory sealed)and refunded their money.

I was told that if the card arrived damaged that the buyer would not receive a refund. I was worried about that exact scenario happening. But as long as you have photos of the card, luckily this one was through ebay, they will not give a refund if the card returns damaged, at least that is what they told me.

@raichuforyou, your experience seems more and more common. Luckily they returned the items safely to you. I think sellers should be able to stand their ground under your situation, and similar situations where a buyer is claiming something that is not true.

Typically I do not mind giving a refund if the buyer does not like the item. I remember one time someone purchased something from me for $150, which was a pretty nice sale. They were very communicative and once they received the item they asked for a refund. They shipped it back and I gave them a refund when it arrived, everything went smoothly. However, when someone says that an item is tampered, or that you tampered it yourself, they don’t deserve anything after that point.

OH Great, I have another update, he appealed the two cases that were closed again somehow… I am calling paypal in the morning and am going to be livid. This is absolutely ridiculous.

If anyone has not blocked this scumbag, please do so as soon as possible.

There were three cases. He lost two and won one. He also tried to appeal the other two and lost them.

Why it’s frustrating is that he appealed again somehow after they were closed twice. Basically the back and forth is stressful. Twice now I was told they were closed and now they are appealed again.

I think that if an item is purchased through ebay, which the alakazam was, their go to move is return it for a full refund, regardless of evidence or lack thereof.

Anyway, the others are closed and I was told that they cannot be re-re-appealed.

How did u lose money if they returned it? Unless you mean the shipping charge?

Oh…the other two were off auction?

Shipping, insurance, and my precious time :slightly_frowning_face:
At that time the price for those packs dropped suddenly. So the $140 I could have got for one pack is now $50-75. The worst part is there were other bidders on them :confused: So of course I feel way screwed. Either way the person and I gave each other respect and the situation was handled in the best way possible. So that’s something I guess.

Yes, since he made three offers through ebay they were done directly through paypal.

This is such a good point. Even if the market stays the same you still wasted time. Also, the claim process is stressful when you need the money. Having the funds dangled in front of you, especially for doing nothing wrong is frustrating.