Umbreon Winners Promo 140 XY-P

Hi guys, I am getting curious about that card and wanted to ask the community if there is any detailed data available on how/where/when this card was distributed. The only information I found is that it was a winners price at the 2015 Pokemon Card Gym Tournament in Japan only for a very limited time in June, 2015.
Is there any more detailed info available?

Thanks in advance to all of you!

I could have sworn I read more about this card on Pokumon, but I can’t find the article. Maybe it was from this reddit thread?

1 Like

This one is super hard to determine due to the randomness but not impossible. This event “Blackie Night Battle” was held in the month of June 2015. Although the date for the event says 1st June to 30th June, each Pokemon Center had only specific dates (3-4) in which this tournament was held. This is because as the title of the event suggest it was a “Night Battle”, so it started at 5pm in the evening to max 8-30pm which included the awards ceremony, due to these being school / work days.

As an example: The below image shows the June 2015 Calendar for Pokemon Center Fukuoka. This event was held on June 2nd (tue), June 16th (tue) and June 30 (tue).

Each evening event was a 16 round tournament, with the last 2 players reaching the finals.

Every participant would get the 139/XY-P - All Night Party promo card

The subsequent Champion for the event would get the 140/XY-P - Umbreon Promo

So it can be said with some confidence that only 3 of these cards were distributed from Fukuoka Pokemon Center. For the exact distribution we would need the list of Pokemon Centers in Japan as of June 2015 which held these events and we can assume each event had one card given.

Cheers!

10 Likes

I am so thankful for this feedback! It helps me a lot! Thanks!!

Everyday I’m on this forum I learn something new

1 Like

I have the exact same feeling!

1 Like