UFO’s/alien related on Pokemon cards

Title says it all & this post might not go anywhere lol but…

Do any of you know of any cards that have UFO’s in it or look similar to it? Maybe in the background? Or it could be a scene that looks like a pokemon is in a UFO, or maybe “aliens”, anything related or may look like it. I’ve looked at many cards & bought a few, like the Kabuto vending card where it’s in a tube (it could look like they’re in a UFO) or like the Bronzor card where it pretty much looks like a UFO because it’s in the air diagonal, etc.

11 Likes

Contacting the mothership:

21 Likes

Well, I don’t wanna hog up too much space, but here are some that sorta fit that “UFO/Alien/Creepy??” vibe you are talking about.

Deoxys is the…well…ALIEN pokemon. I picked a couple that i think are pretty alien-like. The one on the right is a personal favorite of mine. A lot of Deoxys arts have space in the background. The Espeon & Deoxys tag team is pretty sweet too.

This Muk seems pretty not normal to me. It even looks like its stowed away on some sort of space ship.

This Alakazam (and pretty much all the arts that Kimiya Masago did) are not something I’d want to stumble upon in a dark ship in outer space. Abra also looks very alien like. Maybe its something with Psychic type pokemon…

I’ve been overlapping some with the dark/creepy arts post from a while back, but I feel this Yveltal is pretty “otherworldly”.

Last one (and a favorite at that) is Nightly Garbage Run. Weird choice, right? I picked this because it reminds me an awful lot of War of the Worlds. Maybe that was on purpose? The design of the two are awfully similar. :blush:

15 Likes

The top two that fit the UFO vibe would be the Orbeetle VMax, as its showcases Orbeetle acting like a giant saucer with its ray casting
down on the poor unsuspecting person

And you may be wondering what would be better than that you may ask?? How about we get a action shot of Orbeetle VMax CSR from the Japanese set Vmax Climax abducting the poor unsuspecting person, which is Bugsy!!! Look at the cool little details that are added to the card that really brings in that whole vibe

17 Likes

Sick thread. Banking on @apbsayin’s Kabuto

19 Likes

I love that Kabuto so much

5 Likes

Since they haven’t been mentioned yet: the designs of Elgyem and Beheeyem are based on aliens:

Unfortunately their cards aren’t too alien-oriented. Although I guess this could be a ‘spaceship’. :slightly_smiling_face:

Some other Pokémon that come to mind, besides Deoxys and Gigantamax Orbeetle that have already named:

Magnezone:

Genesect:

With some fantasy you could say this Minior in outer space just crashed out off or into a space ship. :wink:

This Clefairy / Hypno pair usually gives me abduction vibes:

Some other things that come to mind:

• Skyridge has a bunch of cards with crop circles (or I should say Pokémon-shaped figures): Skyridge Story Artwork
  • Some other space-related Pokémon (although nothing really with aliens / UFO): Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Lunatone, Solrock, Deoxys, Minior, all the Ultra Beast Pokémon, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Poipole, Naganadel, Jirachi, etc.

If we include non-TCG Pokémon cards as well, this one would be perfect:

And these come to mind as well:

Greetz,
Quuador

16 Likes

Are the non TCG cards there the same exact size as the TCG cards?

1 Like

They’re slightly smaller, but not too much.

A TCG card is: width: 63 mm & height: 88 mm.
And those Bandai Carddass cards are: width: 58.5 mm & height: 85 mm (and they’re made of thinner cardboard than a TCG card).

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

celebi kinda looks alien like and the background looks like another planet

4 Likes

Great artwork from a great set:

6 Likes

This Teeziro alt art is one of my favorite cards and I’m so glad I pulled it.

One detail I love is that the UFO (Orbeetle) is abducting a cow (Miltank).

3 Likes

Kabutube > mewtube

4 Likes

Beldum and Metang from Delta Species look like they are flying through some alien structure or spaceship :grin:

8 Likes

Orbeetle is definitely the most straight forward “UFO” type of Pokemon while Mewtwo probably being the most “alien”.

3 Likes

Any update on new cards that relate to this thread? Been about 5-6 months since I last looked over what came out.

15 Likes

3 Likes

Clefairy is literally an alien! Flew a spaceship in the anime

3 Likes

Is that supposed to be a UFO of some kind or spaceship on the bottom right? Anyone know?

2 Likes