Triangle Base Set Box

Im just watching this right now, and i understand the salt levels. The proceeding moment when he opens those packs is just… ITS JUST.

I think it is fun to watch. I dont care he doesnt know much about the sets, the worth or whatever. It is entertaining. He just opened 5 more.

2 Likes

Yeah this guy is the greatest, And he destroyed everyone on youtube and his from straya!! gets to open booster packs for a living… amazing. erryone this next video is awesome:

He just be so exciting to watch, its real funnies when he pulls shit and jumps into the pika. Watch my youtube videos = so boring. Ill be lucky to get 100 subscribers… But a million, now that is an epic achievement.

2 Likes

He’s ruining a cool collectible for youtube profit. bleh

actually his opening them for his million subscriber special. How dare you assume the worst in ando.

2 Likes

Some of you are a bunch of money hungry fiends! This motherfucker is as happy as it gets opening those packs. Who gives a flying fuck about a triangle??? It’s not like they contain error cards or anything different aside from unlimited cards. An idiot? I think not. The real idiots are the people who cannot gain happiness from anything else besides money. Plus you guys are not the ones with 1,000,000 anything haha!

6 Likes

This part is in response to Syn’s Salt and anyone else going to reference that we are salty. To that I say of course we are salty. He gets to make a great amount of money off doing pokemon related content. While I personally don’t like the childish approach and over the top theatrics; He is doing great for himself and that sort of PewdePie and Markiplier “act or show” is what makes people popular on youtube.

He’s actually only getting less than 1 million per day which is far from 80 Million a month. If you input his channel into a calculator it estimates he makes about $80-300k per year. According to many of the youtube demonitization videos on youtube we are starting to find out many youtubers are making significantly less than they were before. After taxes, purchasing pokemon items for his channel and all the necessary things He’s like not making that much more than a regular job. I’ve made an estimated $50 from 50k views int the last year (which I dont know how to get lol).

I’m sure being a big youtuber presents you with a lot of opportunities but I’m not sure how big of an opportunity being a pokemon youtube star will bring you. Similar to how many Twitch players that make lots of money wont’ have as big of an access as people think. I’m sure i’ll be wrong with some of the people and there are almost always examples to prove contrary, but I do agree with what you said about diversifying. I watched a video on previously popular and wealthy social media stars who lost it all.

LMAO @hisoka107 Its understandable to be extremely salty in these cases xD

I am also quite salty, i wish i could do what he was doin.

Thing is those estimates at the top, that is quite insane to make 80k, but yeah with this youtubered/add mess it would have to be way lower.

I have to say if i was him, I wouldnt not be fiscally conservative at all. Id spend all of it for more openings for the channel, and i wouldnt be smart about it. He seems pretty damn conservative, like he will only mostly buy new stuff that is cheap as shit.

I agree and I think to another extent mamy of the people here are knowledgeable about Pokemon cards and value/rarity. They would be able to make more out of the funds he has because of that knowledge. However, we lack whatever it is he has that got him to this point as a YouTube “celebrity”. Again it’s all just a discussion looking at a few about this person.

1 Like

He pulled a mint Charizard and Stoise in 5 packs. That’s worth more to me than a black triangle.

3 Likes

I honestly can’t believe you guys are so salty about it. :confused: I’m honestly wondering why - is it just the money, or is it because you want a sealed booster for your collections?

If it’s the latter then I can understand. If it’s the former? Get over yourselves. Seriously.

1 Like

Yea the knowledge thing is why we are the greatest in all pokeland, but would be cool if he joined this forum and got into the knowledge ect, because man… After he has opened so much boosters and pokemon is such a big part of his life, you think he would have found this place. MAYBE HE IS READING THIS THREAD AS WE SPEAK.

He definitely has something about him that makes that celeb thing happen…
One big reason I can think of:

The Enthusiasm, but its probably the way he actually feels and reacted when opening boosters in the first place and he wasnt afraid to show this hyper side of himself on camera. Alot of people opress there feelings in fear of judgement ect.

Im personally just extremely salty because, if he sold those packs he could have opened a 1st ed shadowless booster box… and you see I really would have loved to see a 1st ed shadowless booster box, and personally i would definitely have used that triangle situation to obtain a 1st ed shadowless booster box… So it really hurts to watch, knowing that a 1st ed shadowless booster box will not be opened. More importantly im gonna be pissed if he sells the remaining packs and doesnt buy a 1st ed shadowless booster box, and goes and buys a bunch of xy/ current gen s… LIKE Your going to all be shot with my

I see what hisoka is saying, from a collectors standpoint or more importantly - us here on the forum. We would use the situation to get even awesomer stuff. and that is probably were most of the salt comes from.

I actually commented on his thingy telling him to sell and buy 1st ed shadowless i think… EDit: I did now.

there’s nothing wrong with being salty and I think salty isnt even tbe case. We’ve mentioned things like before on the forums. it’s dumb to do X or persons X is dumb for doing it that way. objectively it is a little dumb to open these packs because you can sell them for more and buy more base set packs to open. The cards aren’t any different so opening the packs isn’t that great of an idea if you are after the cards so us referencing money is in part due to this. whether or not YOU value the packs more is irrelevant because there are plenty of other people who do.

I’m not really sure why people are getting so upset about others getting “upset.” That starts a pointless cycle of

“You’re bitter”
“Yea, buy why are you so bitter about us being bitter” etc.

TTL:DR I’m not sure why people are getting upset with us criticizing this guy when we’ve thrown around criticism on this forum the whole time. Getting upset over people getting upset.

1 Like

they’re not worth 11k

Well even if there worth 7 all together he could put in the rest lol.

definitely not worth 11k unless the price has suddenly skyrocketed. I think another member on here said they were worth round $75 each. So 75×36 is $2700. Grader however you could probably double that if you were lucky. Still it’s about 2 base set boxes worth of packs. I know I’d enjoy opening two boxes instead of 1.

he couldn’t get 7, sold listings from Australia show they have sold for between $75 and $120 AUD

oh well he could get a shadowless then lmao…

Or he could put in the rest?

takes a risk… OPENS SHADOWLESS BOX AND IT HAS UNLIMITED IN IT (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

1 Like

That’s because I’m thinking about this, and always have, from a collecting perspective. It seems like a lot of people are thinking about this from a business perspective - i.e ‘HE COULD SELL X BOOSTERS AND BUY MORE’.

My point is - maybe he doesn’t WANT to. And I don’t think that makes him an idiot. It makes him someone who just wants to have some fun and open a bunch of nostalgic boosters, regardless of whether or not they have a triangle on it.

Something that has been bothering me about the folks on this forum is that I feel like a lot of people are just in it for the business, and the profit. It’s like they’ve lost their collecting side and are purely in it for the money.

That’s how I read it when I see comments about calling this person an idiot, ect, because they’re jealous of his luck, and because they probably want a slice of the triangle pie, so to speak.

So yes. People here need to get out of the mindset of business people and remember that, at the end of the day, this hobby is a collecting one at it’s heart. Let people have their fun and don’t be assholes about it.

3 Likes