Tough Choice! Pick your favourite S&M era...

I think the majority of us have either seen or commented on the thread about 5ban Graphics and their total domination of Full Art cards in the S&M era.

The shift from XY to S&M was very noticeable and many collectors have simply given up on the current generation of product due to a myriad of reasons like saturation, design and the significant increase to the amount of chase cards per set.

So here it is, a tough thread.

If you had to pick one Full Art Card from the Sun & Moon era as your favourite, what would it be?
(Hoping this do any turn into a Lugia GX spam)

I’ll start us off;

4 Likes

This one for me. Not only because Alolan Ninetales is one of my favorite Pokemon, but I just think they nailed the icy and beautiful look of this Pokemon with this card.

8 Likes

The one with Buzzwole GX, see his gigantic muscles and despair!

2 Likes

Nice topic Oz! I am in the camp where I collected all the XY full arts, but the SM don’t have the same appeal to me.

With that said, I did like all of the Mewtwos in shining legends, so that FA would be my pic:

5 Likes

Easy choice…!! Lillie is best girl.

7 Likes

Mr. Mime!

6 Likes

This one for me :blush:

2 Likes

Test Tube Shining Mewtwo!

13 Likes

@ptccards That card is more op than gen 1 mewtwo! Definitely my favorite if that qualifies as a FA!

1 Like

I have always liked the Wicke full art card. Don’t know why though…

6 Likes

T H I C C

2 Likes

Gen 7’s Full Art game might as well be called “War of the Waifus” between Cynthia, Lusamine, Olivia, etc.

1 Like

The only correct answer in a thread that’s full of objectively wrong opinions.

2 Likes

The trainer FA’s are reminiscent of XY. I’m not big on the diagonal shine on the GX cards.

Any full art supporter illustrated by Megumi Mizutani - this one from SM base is still one of my favorites:

The lack of variety in the full art GXs and items is getting old, but the supporters have been consistently amazing.

4 Likes

Something about this Pheromosa full art really makes my Exeggutor Alolan.

First of all I like all the Full Art Supporters (which is why I’m collecting them), especially the two Lillies already mentioned, and the new Lisia as well. This Team Rocket’s Mimikyu GX is also pretty cool:

And here is one 5ban Graphic card I actually like:

But since you’ve asked favorite I have to go with Test Tube Mewtwo as well. Bought it as soon as it was released. Very awesome artwork.

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

Dont forget about Ash’s Pikachu in relation to that as well :grin:

Maybe I am just attracted to shiny things but… that actually looks awesome! Sometimes the artist just nails it on the head in which we see it

2 Likes

Hands down my favorite, I have a weak spot for full art trainers.

4 Likes