Top auction results from China

As I’m based in China and new to the hobby, thought it would be cool to post some of the top sales from the top Chinese auction site (Pokecolor) for reference, as this info may not be seen by most people outside of China. (Maybe it’s easily available, I have no social media so no idea, sorry)

Also a cool way for me to learn about certain cards and why they’re valuable as some old heads may find it interesting and comment.

Will only post sales that are around $5k usd and above

#1 No.2 trainer from 2014 world champs $56k
#2 Tropical beach promo $4750usd
#3 2005 Summer Battle Road promo $11.8k
#4 1st edition Gyarados $8.2k
#5 CoroCoro best photo contest 1999 $88k (legit ugliest sea worm I’ve ever seen)

23 Likes

#1 Gyarados no rarity $20.6k
#2 Gold star Charizard $18.8k
#3 Masaki Promo Gengar $12.5k
#4 Arita signed Charizard base $9k
#5 Shining Magikarp 600pt $6.3k

Should be noted most auction sales are Japanese cards and I’m yet to see a big (price wise) English card go to auction

12 Likes

There is the charizard from the recent arita signing. Crazy how fast things move these days.

As for seeing an English card, so far China is more focused on prize/trophy cards. In fact I don’t know if I’ve ever sold an English card to a Chinese buyer. Maybe it’s because English doesn’t have many rare cards and rarity is currently Chinas main focus.

8 Likes

Seems to be no shortage of buyers for higher end items.

Also feels as if the people running the auction site are very well connected so don’t struggle getting high end items in on a weekly basis.

2 Likes

Keep this up! It’s interesting to see.

6 Likes

Very cool insights, thank you for posting this!

1 Like

Interesting, never seen this website. Might have to check it out sometime.

1 Like

Cgc’s pop report has only 1 snap gyarados as a 10 (a 9.5+) that has never been reslabbed to the new design.

Im questioning the legitamacy of this sale.

I was really interested in finding a way to be able to see Pokecolor’s sales history like you can do on PWCC, really interested on this thread :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing these!

1 Like

Wiggy.

Do old 9.5s not form part of the pop report?

1 Like

this is something I’m very interested in seeing. Wish we could list onto Pokecolor

1 Like

No they were automatically updated to 10s when the system changed regardless of whether they were sent in for relabel

Feel free to add me on WeChat if you are a Chinese collector!

3 Likes

You can consign with them

That is interesting haha. I’ll ask one of the people at pokecolor and get back to you on this

Will do

A few $2k sales last night but nothing that broke $5k.

Some auction items coming up over the next few days that should see some high prices (I assume, I have no idea tbh haha)

2 Likes

Then i’m confused. Pop report must be wrong