Threads platform - A Twitter competitor

A new platform was launched last night to give twitter a run for its money. It has a limited word count but decent image sizing. I’ve always felt uncomfortable posting anything pokemon related to my Instagram, but this thread platform seems to be a perfect place for sharing imagery and brief comments/opinions. Alas, I’m gonna dox myself and get the ball rolling in a 3 Card Collection Challenge: Chris Balestra (@chris_balestra) on Threads

Feel free to add to it on threads and I’ll give you a follow. I’d appreciate any ‘re-posts’ as well- looks like the re-tweet button. For those without the app, here’s the format layout:

2 Likes

Is this the cgc version of Twitter? :upside_down_face:

15 Likes

no more tweet sub grades

1 Like

Only time will tell but it’s pretty funny seeing two billionaires scuffling on platforms and perhaps soon in a real life officially regulated sparring match. I’d hedge my bets on Zuck, he seems to be in better shape and slightly less full of himself.

Woah… I never knew that the 2008 spring battle road event was canceled due to a bomb threat. I learned something new already. Is that why Cynthia’s Feelings is so expensive?

3 Likes

This too

3 Likes

Yes, a few cards are especially expensive from that year as their distributions were affected. Cynthia’s total pop report to this day is 37 and I think it’s a little bloated from some people cracking a card or two to try to get a higher grade. I believe Unlimited World Champions Pack and Miracle Diamond distribution were affected as well.

2 Likes

I better see one of those in your 3-card post to the thread!

eww

5 Likes

I couldn’t imagine having accounts on all these platforms and keeping up with them all

10 Likes

Honestly. After dropping Reddit and just using Instagram to hit up some middlemen, I’m staying away from major social media besides forums like this. I have so much more time in the day to do absolutely nothing and it doesn’t feel like I’m missing much. Even started reading news articles too instead of skimming and going to the comments. Don’t think I’ll join the Threads thing. Might browse specific people for some info occasionally like I did Twitter but that’s it.

3 Likes

Twitter was always a shithole but it’s gotten worse with alt-right Musk in charge.

If the few knowledgable people I follow move to Threads, then I’ll have to revive my dormant IG account. Not that I use Twitter much anymore since the takeover.

3 Likes

Its Facebooks (Meta’s) twitter… so close enough?

1 Like

Oh boy. I dont know what I expected here. OF COURSE instead of people posting three unique cards that they like in their collection and taking an opportunity to increase their social bandwidth to chat with other collectors they may not know yet, they’ll just hate on a platform that hasn’t been out for 24 hrs :sweat_smile:

Some things never change.

2 Likes

It’s because you made the thread title about the app itself. And it’s human nature to resist change and new, unfamiliar things. Frankly, most of the replies here are more apathetic than hateful.

2 Likes

it’s also human nature to hate Zuck

2 Likes

Lizards do freak people out after all.

1 Like

2 Likes

I skipped Twitter I can skip this one too

2 Likes

Agreed.
I’ve decided I’m done with general social platforms. Bane of society.

4 Likes