Interesting evolution coming to the market...

So I did an interview for the YouTube channel with an active member of e4 who’s been heavily involved in the tech space for some time. He brought to my attention how the market can evolve. First, there’s the creation of different funds and platforms to invest in Pokemon without having to know much about it and without even owning a card. I know… this is disgusting… lol but it’s super interesting and it does open the market up to a lot of people who do not have the time or sadly the interest. Also there are things in the works… certain tooling being developed to help streamline information to potential investors / collectors. Tools that let you compare variables and give market analytics and comparisons. These tools will let individuals cut hours of digging and searching for roi and performance over time and relativity to other species / same species but other sets etc. Anyway… the point and question is… what do you guys think about a near future where the Pokemon market is open to everyone and their mama who wants to diversify? Also what do you think about tools that streamline the investing side of the market? What do you think the potential positives and negatives are? I’m not going to post the interview, but my youtube is in my sig if you are interested. I think Pokemon… being primarily a millennial phenomenon can produce a lot of interesting tech and become a true store of value for a very long time.
-T

Great idea. Let’s add high frequency trading to the mix. That way an algorithm can handle my portfolio uh I mean my collection. Out of sight out of mind. Hopefully the fire dragon will keep going up.

5 Likes

@qwachansey, it’s definitely something worth being aware of…

Profit wise I don’t think it’s a bad idea. It’s just sad to see the inexorable shift in value perception of a card from one’s personal childhood or other experience to a formula based solely on relative ratios.

2 Likes

@qwachansey, it does sterilize some aspects of collecting… less heart and more math… but that’s not to say you can’t buy lower grades / raws / go against the algorithms and stay true to yourself and your emotions. Like a copy of fossil slowpoke… I’m sure it’s not going to be affected much… but it’s a card that’s made me laugh since I was 9 and I love the color pallet. I think both worlds, the money and the love, can still exist.

Please read the rules and all pinned posts before making a thread. Guys, it’s not that hard, if it’s a stonker post it goes in the Giant Market Thread.

www.elitefourum.com/t/before-you-post-a-thread-in-price-and-market-discussion/29138/1

1 Like