Thoughts? Saw this on Facebook

Topps are the cards that every kid had on the playground and you could never trade them away because no one wanted them

32 Likes

I’d take a PSA 1 1st Edition Base Set Charizard over any Topps card. Topps cards have never appealed to me.

16 Likes

There is only one card in that image, the 1st Ed Zard. :sweat_smile:

No offense to Topps collectors, but it could be worth twice as much and I would still choose the base zard.

14 Likes

That 1st ed zard looks like it was centered by CGC so in this example I would definitely take that crispy Topps Tekno.

Maybe in the minority but probably the tekno zard

3 Likes

Tekno zard for novelty

1 Like

Same

2 Likes

To say that I have zero interest in the Topps would be an overstatement.

6 Likes

If we are talking non-TCG cards, this Charizard is the one with the real argument:

15 Likes

I dislike a bit that so often when topps is discussed it’s tekno charizard with a bit plain art that is the example (even though i understand it since zord hurr durr). Topps has so much variety (not just the regular pokemon but for example movie sets and all the chase cards) and especially the pokemon near the end of gen 1 pokedex had so much better art. And the holo variants are really mindblowing, not just in chrome but in regular topps as well. Sparkle chrome will always be my favourite but topps series 1 later prints had some awesome textured holo patterns. But very often it’s just tekno zard posted and people are like yeah, doesn’t seem cool enough. Ofc it’s not for everyone but i feel like this zard, even though it has the most value, isn’t the best card to represent the whole topps variety

6 Likes

Base Set Charizard by far, I’m not a fan of topps card

1 Like

This is a good thing. Topps cards are worthless knock off cards only hyped up by sports card bros. PLEASE do not consider collecting any Topps Pokemon products!

2 Likes

Especially that chrome sparkle muk. Total crap, better just hand it to me so i can do the job and dispose it

4 Likes

What is the pop of the Topps Zard? I’m sure a 8 1st ed Zard could be easily found again if passed on.

1 Like

If it was a tekno 10 id take that over a 1st 8.

1 Like

I love the Topps cards just for the full-holo effect and the big art. Not sure why they’re so disliked.

4 Likes

Topps cards were bought by parents who didn’t want to dish out the money for the real pokemon cards.

For me Base zard or any other real TCG card above topps.

1 Like

I love my Chrome Spectra starters, but beyond that I have almost no interest.

5 Likes

PSA 8 Base 1st Charizard all day.